Pirate 4x4 banner

please help .. np435 shaft..transfer case??

7K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  mj 
#1 ·
so i finally got my np435 in... the output shaft is 28 spline and i need a transfer case stat... what will work and how will it mount, doesit mount directly behing the trans or is there gon be a spacer/adapter of some sort?? everything ive seen for ford is 32 spline, im confused.. and nearing the end of an already short time limit...
what will work...
what is strong..
what might be plentiful..
what do you guys have..

thanks a million...

#3 · (Edited)
Actually fords are all 31 spline if they had a married case and as far as I know there never was a 28 spline output on a 435 on a ford, except the 2wds, which would have a threaded nub on the end.(also used on divorced 4wd) the EB dana 20s had a 28 spline input, but it needs a custom adapter from what I have seen.

Yeah either get a married pair, or just get a 4wd married 435 with the 31 spline output. and then a ford transfercase

#4 ·
mine has the threaded nut deal on it, it also has an adapter of some sort with a mini shaft with splines(thats slide onto the output shaft on one end and huge clunky teethy on the transfer case side,,, what might work with this?? not gonna get rid of the thing .. paid 100 bills im sure there is a tcase for it

#7 ·
The Dana 21 was a bastard, single speed, F100 only tcase that was bolted to a 2WD NP435 or, rarely, a T18 4 speed. There might even be a few bolted up to 3.03 3 speeds. So far as I know, no other tcase shares the Dana 21 bolt pattern.

I think Advance Adapters makes a couple of different adapters for your transmission to something.

#10 ·
you have not given us any info to help you with.

for starters what vehicle are you trying to put this in?
if you are trying to stuff this in a geo metro it will get different recommendations then for a fullsize big block mudbogger

where are you?
I have 5 np435/np205 sets out of 79 fords and I bet a lot of other guys here have similar stashes and one of them might be near you.

#11 ·
im down in southern california,, if anyone has what i need and can ship thatd be sweet... ford parts and drivetrain are all going into a jeep wrangler/ rock crawler project.. 91 wrangler chassis to be exact.. let me know what you guys have .. and 75$ all day long trans with the tcase .... ill sell mine to some dumbass out here for 450 bills and pic that shit up... let me know what you guys have.. you can also email me this crap at seanvaron@yahoo.com

#15 ·
what bolt pattern is that transmission case?
I am swapping a shortened and resplined dodge shaft and custom adapter into my ford np435
if you are desperate enough to pay for shipping the shaft and adapter would be a lot less then a whole transmission

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.