Pirate 4x4 banner

Whats a HP 60 Balljoint front....

2K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  mj 
#1 ·
What is a fair market value for a HP Dana 60 Ford front. Its the Balljoint style. Its the housing with 4:10 gears, and one knuckle.

I know you bought one last week for $5 from the scrap hauler and your buddied traded a pack of smokes for one but I mean cash.

#3 ·
It's just the potatos without any meat. With just one knuckle and a housing I wouldn't think it would be worth much. You might be able to find a sucker to pay a couple hundred bucks for the housing, or someone who needs just one knuckle might be willing to pay 100 bucks or so for it.

#4 ·
No no unit bearings, but if a guy is putting on Deadenbear knuckles out and alloy shafts, he would have the housing and tubes he needs. I mean whats a Dynatrack/rockjock/rockcrusher/etc Reverse 60 with tubes pressed in cost in comparison?

#5 ·
ya but if that guy was gonna do all that do u think he would start with ball joints unless u mean he was gonna go the hole way w inner c 's and all even then i got mine for a hun without axles and outers because i was gonna do that swap but the inner c's is just overkill for most ...

there's my 2 pennies:D

#11 ·
AS for complete axles:You can get them from Hihonda for $750. Shipping is $300 so a realistic price for the end-user ~ being the general public (no buddy deal) ~ I'd say $900-1300.

I've seen them go for as much as $1600 used (not rebuilt) and as little as $600. Just depends on who your selling too.

Non-complete/unit bearing units : Last one I got as a trade for some tube bending. And I'm talking about 2-3 hours of tube bending. Unit bearing ones just aren't in much of a demand. Empty kingpin housings is about $100-200.

#17 ·
I need to know to get an approximate trade value. I had one I got from Colorado this way, and the guy had a complete. I traded him mine plus some stuff. Then on top of it he saved some hours in labor not dismanteling his.

We converted this to the Deadenbear parts mentioned with alloy axles and everything. Did a SAS in an 89 Ford Bronco with Coils and 3 link front suspension.

Thanks Guys.

Yea you East Coasters have it good as your bodies rust away before the running gear is half used:)

So what does a RockCrusher/dynatrack/ blah blah front reverse 60 with tubes go for anyway. (Yea did not want to search and knew one of you had looked into it already:D)

#20 ·
Yea the new stuff is better, but for us regular joe's with no million doller sponsors and such its a start.

So yea i figured $300 for the housing, gears, carrier, and tubes. We then removed the end forgings and put all Deadenbear "C" s on , yukon alloy axle shafts, ARB, and Chevy Deadenbear outers, and built it that way. Wow thoes new hp centersections are spendy.

Attachments

#29 ·
You got a Name or are ya gonna hide behind the 1 post just signed up routine?

All i have to politley say to you is since you have no clue as to all the details, setbacks, customer supplied wrong parts, etc please butt out. From Day one the customer requested to be involved in the project before we even started as he said he really wanted to learn and be involved in the build. The customer brought in a whole slew of bad ass parts and some of the were wrong, some were not built correctley, and some just were not needed. Anyhow to not take away from this thread with your lame comment. The project took a little over a month from starting the teardown to the stage its at now. And so you know its still going on. Projects always take ironing out the bugs and a shakedown to make final adjustments. With our limited resources we did a hell of a job. The final product looks, awsome, works awsome, and wheels awsome. Its actually really nice to have had the customer there to make decisions as to how he wanted certain things since this was by far no bolt on "Kit" and built from some of the best parts available.
It also gave him a much better understanding of everything on his rig, if the need arrises to alter, or trail fix something (Not likley as everything is hell for stout). So please comment on the stuff that is readiliey available to you like how nice the welds are, how nice the brackets are incorporated into the buckets, etc. Thanks

God i despise people that have nothing better to do than hijack a thread and talk shit. If you want to start shit talk ....start your own thread instead of Hijacking:shaking:

Later
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.