Pirate 4x4 banner

Help fix my F250

722 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  AERONUTT 
#1 ·
Alrighty gents I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 Diesel in it. It has been to the dealer 3 times for loss of power and they replace injectors each time. Started out i had them replace all 8 after that supposly 3 went out each time. I am having to leave it at the dealer again for the same thing. The high pressure oil pump and the fuel pump have been replaced by the dealer as well. Anyone have a clue that I can make the dealer look for?

THX

#2 · (Edited)
UMMMMM are they just throwing parts at it or what???? What kind of boost are you getting, is there any type of smoke coming out of the exhaust, are you towing, do your injectors cycle after shutting it off, and is there anything else that is acting up? Sounds like a turbo/VGT sticking.What's your mileage??

#3 · (Edited)
arent the dealers installing something that bleeds the fuel pressure off after the engine is shut off? the injectors are under really high pressure even when the engine is shut off so they must install something that bleeds the fuel back into the tank. ask them about this. although they should have mentioned this.

Dustin

#4 ·
yeah I have zero confidence in them. Luckily I am out of town and it is gogint o anther dealer. havent been towing anything. I will start to lose power and I know to get the hell over cause the end is coming. About the time I get over it will ussually die. I am at 122k now started at 117k and this is the fourth time it has done the same exact thing. I know they have had issues withthe injectors but come on I made it about 2oo0 miles the first time about 700 or so the second 15 miles the third and now about 2200 more.

#5 · (Edited)
dont feel bad I bought one new and after a while everytime I hooked a trailer to it and would get into it going up hills it would blow the down pipe off?. I got it back from the dealer with a new intercooler, pipes, heads, turbo, and injectors and it still did it. it was taken in several more times and they replaced some of the same parts. finally I traded it in with 13,000 miles on it. Dustin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.