Pirate 4x4 banner

Late 80's stang 5.0 question

537 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jrod-13 
#1 · (Edited)
I've got two late 80's stang engines that I'm tearing down - both need massaged. I'm going a different route then Ford now and was wondering if the blocks, heads and cranks are worth anything or should I just scrap them?

I've been trying to sell off the rest of my Ford stuff for quite a while now but I guess no one wants ford stuff anymore:confused:

I'm not trying to pimp it here, just curious about these stangs if I should try to advertise them and for what $ range or have them melted down?

#5 ·
Thanks guys.

Sorry but I ended up going over to the DARK side = GM. The force pull was too strong to resist and I'm too weak so I caved in.

So now I'm going to do something no one else has ever done - build a tube buggy with a Jeep hood/grill and GM drivetrain. Should be pretty interesting huh? :flipoff2:

#6 ·
wow... stamped right out of the cookie cutter..

anyways, those motors are worth a bit, the heads(provided they are 87+) are pretty decent, just need the exhuast opened up some, like any ford head. but they aren't too hard to come by, being that trucks had them as well as the stangs. Either way, a complete longblock, with forged pistons, and a roller cam, I'd be you could get a few hundred for a complete motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.