Pirate 4x4 banner

91 f150

902 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  wanderer-RRORC 
#1 · (Edited)
A buddy has a 91 f150 RC SB on a bronco frame with a I6 he says it has a 4 speed manual. Are these pretty good trucks for offroading? They make a good base to start with for a trail and some rock crawling truck? I have an F100 axle that i think i could use to SAS it. But what do you guys say, would it make a good all around offroader? Thanks

#3 ·
thats how mine started. im not sure if the 4 speed was factory in 91 tho? i thought they stopped the 4 speed in 88, but i may be on crack. mine has a 5 speed. i love it. get it and mob it.

#4 ·
Im thinking about it. It has an engine prob IIRC but he is including another I6 and a frame with a 351 in it. Just curious. Are the I6's good motors? He says it has more torque than the 302. But i dont know much about F150's and gassers. He only wants 2k so just doin some research.

#5 ·
well, i dont know if i would be payin 2 grand for it... but yes, they are great motors when it comes to torque. it will take - or at least stay head to head with my brothers 95 F250 with the 351. but once his horsepower kicks, im left in the dust. up to 45 they have crap loads of power. and they are reliable... ive been trying to blow it up so i can put my 351 in it, and its just taking the beating. my truck has seen 4500 to 5300 rpm most of its life...:D

(although, the power stops around 3 - so all it does is make more noise...)

i paid 1000 bucks for mine, 130000 on the OD and an alright body. if the 351 runs, it might be worth the 2 just for the extra parts...

(ive rolled mine, rebuilt it, jumped it, submerged it, broken it, bent it, kicked it, snapped it, and smashed it into almost anything i could. its still kickin... but it doesnt look so purdy anymore...):D

#8 ·
maybe they stopped the 4 speed at the next body style? i dunno. just seem to see 5spds. :homer:

#9 ·
yep...good platform...best gas motor ford EVER made...theyre tanks...it'll be like drivin an old farm tractor.....just go....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.