Pirate 4x4 banner

Ram mounted on coil sprung D44?

573 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  1tonF100 
#1 · (Edited)
After bending my previous ram due to a Broken TRE; I have up graded all of my steering to the over the knuckle 1 ton and DOM setup. My current problem is that I have searched for 2 days on mounting my new ram setup (Assist). The biggest problem I am facing is the trac bar is definitely in the way. I dont mind relocating it, and I will probably have to.

How many people have had to relocate it for a ram to fit? If so where did you relocate to?

If I do relocate it can I use 1.5x .25 wall DOM? (strong enough?)

What are the best ends for mounting a trac bar? currently on the axle the trac bar is only single sheer, why not double?
Are heims okay, what size is recomended?

-adam

74 Ford f100
d44 9" coils
1 ton TRE On top of knuckles

FLAME ON!

See less See more
#2 ·
I raised the track bar mount on the axle instead of using a drop track bar bracket. That gave me the room to mount it where my track bar used to mount

#3 ·
good deal Thats what I figured would have to happen. In theory if I lengthen the Trac bar that should help with articulation some if im not mistaken, as long as the trac bar and draglink are close to parallel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.