Pirate 4x4 banner

new powerstroke

889 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ckbed 
#1 ·
so anyone around here buy one of these yet? Just finished my 6.4 ford classes today and was curious

#3 ·
recalls already - shooting flams out the exhaust - drove one, power is ok but needs some more ( dosent it always need more power ? )

#4 ·
haha. Yeah, the flames are rare and from the regen of the DPF. (thanks California. Bite me) A guy over at the Diesel Garage has already figured out a straight pipe that works, elite diesel has nozzles and injectors coming, as I'm sure everyone else does, tunes as well I'm pretty sure. Give it some time and they'll be some good aftermarket stuff out.

As for the power. Its got compound turbos & common rail injection. With some work, I'm sure the 6.4s will step.

#6 ·
exactly... first year ALWAYS SUCKS....

#9 ·
First year is always bad, but I say it has mad potential. Decent power, rofl gassers.

#10 ·
dont get too excited... they wont be around long...

#11 ·
Hopefully they'll get the Cummins if all things fall into place right, like Dodge getting the Mercedes Diesel since its owned by them, and Ford and Navistar hating each other now.

still better than having a triton.

#12 ·
WTR40ROCK, have you driven one or seen one with said mods done to it? I seriously doubt you will fit a bigger down pipe in one of these trucks... and as far as the cummins i would be supprised since ford is designing its own motor for 2010 is it? yeah that will really be interesting, but hey its job security!:laughing:

#13 ·
You shouldn't be able to fit a bigger downpipe in mine either, and I'm rocking a 3", which is WAY bigger than stock. And there is more mods for them everyday, so just give it some time. I forgot Ford was making their own diesel, but I thought it was gonna be a smaller one for the F150's:confused:

Well see. They're wicked sounding with a straight thru exhaust.

#14 ·
they made a twin turbo v6 version of the 6.0 (just two back cylinders cut off the block) for the f-150 and LCF (low cab forward) trucks, however, didnt pass emmisions for the lighter f-150 and now theyre just for the LCF trucks.
The f-150 should be getting a foreign diesel engine

#15 ·
our F650s have 5.9 cummins in them. and they are hooked to an allison... talk about mixing shit up...

#17 ·
Emissions, once again, thank you California.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.