Pirate 4x4 banner

96 f250 powerstroke

930 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  caryt 
#1 ·
did a d-60 swap and a 4inch superlift springs front and rear anyone ever do this? my front sits higher than my rear dammm superlift

#6 ·
I'd pm monstorford if I were you. He's the resident suspension guru around here. I'm sure he'll have all the answers as why your hombrew engineering must be spot on (because of all of your hard work and plenty of research) and surley the reason your pile has a droopy ass must be Superlift's fault. After all, they're just a suspension company (not too much R&D in they're perfession). So anyway, make sure you report to us your findings because we value your knowledge,and believe me, the Ford experts are swarming this place like mad lately....:flipoff2:

#9 ·
IIRC The F250 uses 2" rear blocks and a F350 uses 4" rear blocks from the factory. Did you reuse your stock spring block?

#10 ·
You need the track bar but you will need a adjustable one. You will also need to use rear blocks to even it out since the D60 change has raised the front about 1" by itself. You will also need a droped pitman bar. Check out TDS...http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

Lots of info there also. To bad ya went with those springs..will now ride like a tank, could have gone to a SKY RS kit and SD springs

Cary

#11 ·
hey

mxr thanks for the help by the way im an expert in sarcasim so im rrrrright there with ya buddy the reason why i rag on superlift is because yes i have an adjustable track bar and drop track bar bracket and yes i put in factory ford f-350 blocks i didnt reuse the old ones and yes i installed the drop pitman arm so this is where im at right now......puzzled so i dont need and amatuer idiots (mxr148) input right now just some friendly people on here with some suggestions thanks:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

#12 ·
Was the Superlift for a F250 or 350? I remember hearing that when doing a TTB- straight axle swap you need to use the F350 springs because the F250 springs are way too stiff due to the TTB geometery.

#13 ·
Yeah, you're right. I guess your expert sarcasim really showed me. I guess I just went off on you because I thought your post was stupid, I'm sorry. Can't we all just get along?

...Actually, I'm not trying to be a dick but this forum sucks lately! I've actually got the same pickup as you and have thought about a D60 swap once or twice, but its not a wheeler so whatever...Now go finish working on that bolt together project of yours:flipoff2: PS...welcome to Pirate:flipoff2:

#19 ·
damn guys, i cant believe you let this shit fly around here. i can remember back in the day you would get flamed for mentioning a lift kit.

thats just how those wonderful lift kits work! the ass always sit lower in the back. should've 4-linked it all around with some fox air shocks :smokin:

or even better and what i am working on with my PSD.... air bags!

-cutts-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.