Pirate 4x4 banner

5.8 EFI Runnin like shat.

791 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  f250rollinon37s 
#1 ·
wont retreive any KOER codes and i'm wondering if my recent auto to manual swap has fawked with the ECU somehow?

any clues?

#2 · (Edited)
when running the thing is all over the place. wont hold a steady idle, orany throttle speed. the ECU is ALWAYS searching for a happy spot.

no odd KOEO codes.

#3 ·
what trans did you have in there before? If you had a AOD, or C6, I dont think that would cause any issues.

Stupid question, but have you checked for vacuum leaks? When you check for codes, do you get any at all? (you should be at least getting 4 1's(v8) and two 11's) If you arent getting anything at all, something is double not right. When you say no "odd" codes, I assume you are gettin the normal ones? Will it run well enough to give you codes while the engine is running?

#4 ·
c6.

have repaired the vacuum leakes that were causeing a rich condition.

like i said in my first post i can get the KOEO codes but NO KOER codes. NONE.

KOEO codes are the ones to be expected. TAB, TAD, EGR, etc that have been removed from the motor.

#5 ·
do you have a smoke machine to check for all vaccume leaks? (intake, etc.)

#7 ·
no, but i'm 90% sure i got them all.

- does it run like crap - or is the idle hunting up and down ? - or both - older systems will not give a koer right away - sometimes it takes days - im assuming it ran good before the tranny swap ?
its hunting, always. its always hunted since i did this EFI swap. I;ve never been able to get it smooth.

#6 ·
- does it run like crap - or is the idle hunting up and down ? - or both - older systems will not give a koer right away - sometimes it takes days - im assuming it ran good before the tranny swap ?

#8 ·
are you running all factory EFI? as in fuel injectors, ecm...

#10 ·
what car manifold are you running and injectors? 5.0s?

#11 · (Edited)
edit: scratch that.. had a brain fart and started thinking about the buggy motor. got too damn many configurations of these at the shop. :rasta:

its 100% 5.8 truck stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.