Pirate 4x4 banner

maximum bore?

757 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  svt150j49 
#1 ·
i found a free 300cid out of an 88 f150 2wd 4speed for free from a friend.
i took the head off and there is some scaring on the cyl.

what is the maximum bore that can be ran on these

#3 ·
take a tapemeasure... and measure the thickness from the cylinder to the outside of the block... devide that by the length of your penis, and thats how far you can bore it over...

:flipoff2:

#6 · (Edited)
take a tapemeasure... and measure the thickness from the cylinder to the outside of the block... devide that by the length of your penis, and thats how far you can bore it over...
so would that be 7 and a 1/2 inches :smokin:

unlike your 1/2 inch cock?:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Every HP counts with these lil sombitches :flipoff2:
damn straight, shit loads of torque though!:smokin:

#4 ·
Have it magnafluxed, it depends on the block, but, I have seen .080 over done, with milled 390 pistons used... certainly not a standard run of the mill build, but, a 300 block usually is pretty meaty.
Personally, I'd just go the minimum overbore needed to clean it up, it's not like you're going to gain anything.

#8 ·
do the next size up bore, and port the heads. ive heard the heads are shitty flowing. nice flowing exhaust, and intake. you can go more crazy, but its expensive. and as we have already seen you dont want to spend money...:laughing::flipoff2:

#9 ·
On a EFI block you can go up to 0.060 over as long as the block is in good condition, after that you need to sleeve it. Unless you are going to rev the hell out of a I6 don't port the heads they are low RPM engines, porting will ruin the flow at low RPM's unless done very precise. A nice port matching will work well. Cams are available, intakes, headers, pistons, ign. systems, etc.
I have a built 89 300/6 and it is a real good low RPM torque engine. I have seen several built for drag racing and I was very suprised.:smokin:

#12 ·
Cams are available, intakes, headers, pistons, ign. systems, etc.
where can i find a set of headers for them (starting to think that i will need to custome make my own). i found some at LMC for $269. is that the only ones available? the same with intakes? edel has them but only carbed intakes.

i found pistons, and ign for them,

#10 ·
id bet those drag 6s arnt low end power motors either? :D

i said port the head as in port match. and as i said in the other post.... for as much money as you would have to drop into a 6 to gain power, you could put a small block in for the same amount of money and be up a step.

i toyed around with the idea of hopping up my 6, and came to the conclusion...

if you make the 6 have power, you lose reliability. you also lose gas mileage. so your pushing what, like 200, maybe 250 horses? you bolt in a factory small block, make the same amount of power. and later you could easily make the small block have 400 horses. polishing a turd man.

#11 ·
if you make the 6 have power, you lose reliability. you also lose gas mileage. so your pushing what, like 200, maybe 250 horses? you bolt in a factory small block, make the same amount of power. and later you could easily make the small block have 400 horses. polishing a turd man.
Yeah my 302 with 39's could beat the fuck out of my I6 with 32's. No idea how many HP the 302 is pushing though.

#13 ·
clifford performance sells lots of straight 6 junk.

A local engine builder around my parts has built a few of these things and they really like high compression and propane (like 11:1 or higher)

#14 ·
hedman headers, hooker headers, clifford... look on summit. hedman is the cheepest i have found. clifford sells the intake, but its for a carb...they also sell the cam...

comp cams makes a cam or 3 for it...

msd sells an ignition, coil, wires... bla bla bla

jet sells a chip if i recall...

go to truckperformance.com.... they dont really have great prices, but it lists a good amount of parts and part numbers to go off of. ive seen several diffrent sets of pistons on ebay for them, no clue what the brand was tho...

#16 ·
fordsix.com has a buncha people runnin offys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.