Pirate 4x4 banner

Where to find 'unique' body repair panels, '73-79 fords?

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  VerticalTRX 
#1 ·
Some of yall may have seen my other thread with pics from our last wheeling trip and the b-pillar carnage that ensued. Normally, a little body damage wouldn't bother me, but the b-pillar got pushed back almost 2", ripping the metal out (major potential to rust out) and trying to put the door back on that side would be a joke.

Which brings me to my question, does anyone know of a good source of repair or patch that carries out of the ordinary stuff? What I'm needing is a cab corner that goes all the way up to the dish in the body line, so roughly a 20" tall cab corner. I know I've seen them somewhere, just not sure where. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
why not just cut a corner off an old truck? we have 3 sitting around...:D

#6 ·
I just checked there, they only have the standard height ones.

what did you do with your old cab ? x2 on the finding another truck and bring a sawzall - a parking lot would work too :D - i have one you can have - but you have to pick it up - and its rust free :flipoff2:
The old cab went to the crusher, it was so rusted out even the roof was gone.

Has anyone heard of Surplus Supply? They have some 18" tall cab corners, however I'm a little leary of buying things from random internet businesses. Heres a link to the page, if it doesn't bring up the list select 'cab' and '1979' in the drop down at the top to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.a...=www.surplussupplyco.com&TITLE=Surplus_Supply

#5 ·
what did you do with your old cab ? x2 on the finding another truck and bring a sawzall - a parking lot would work too :D - i have one you can have - but you have to pick it up - and its rust free :flipoff2:

#8 ·
I've got one of the cab corners from LMC sitting in my shop, unmolested. Gonna use it, but happy to measure it for ya. It's MUCH taller than the diagram in the catalog indicated.

BTW, quality is quite good, as are the lower door skins I've gotten from them. On the other hand, the inner lower door panel I ordered from them sucked big green donkey ass. Pressed in rip and piss poor fit.

#11 ·
Sorry it took me so long...went wheeling!:flipoff2:

The cab corner I ordered from LMC truck is a perfect fit & good quality. It measures 17 1/4" from the bottom of the pinch weld. Hope this helps.

Looking up the part # now...

#12 ·
I actually ordered the one for the Super Cab, as I'm working on Crew Cabs. Shouldn't matter, just more metal for ya to be able to cut down to the perfect size. Right? Or is there a kickdown at the back on the regular cab? Have a '78 Bronco & 2 Crew Cabs in the driveway, but no regular cab...

Anyhow, I ordered 49-9116 (LH Super Cab Corner), RH is 49-9117. Regular cab corners are 49-9016 (LH) & 49-9017 (RH).

Also very pleased with quality of Lower Door Skin (49-7782 & 49-7783). Have used a few of those.

AVOID 49-7794/5, the inner door bottoms. The stamping SUCKS!!

Here's the page:

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fc/0018.asp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.