Pirate 4x4 banner

ford dana 60 front how to fit a 15 inch wheel

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  King7765 
#1 ·
I have a 86 front hp dana 60 out of a f 350. I need to fit 15 inch wheels on it. I have read about grinding the calipers. What back spacing can I use and also is there a specific brand of steel wheels I need or are they all pretty close to the same? Please help I bought 39.5 x 15 boggers for my jeep yj, to good of deal to pass up.

#4 ·
a 3.5" bs wheel should fit over the stock calipers... although it has to be a reversed rim shell which sucks.

I have 15x10's with 4.5" back spacing over chevy d44 calipers. I hacked the chevy caliper bracket onto my ford d60 bracket. It works... it's nothing pretty, but I did it about 5 years ago when there were no custom brackets to buy.

#6 ·
I checked the bible, but wanted to here about a few more different backspacing options and maybe what brand they used on wheels, it did not say anything about that in the bible. I would like to here a little more about the ford dana 60 than what was in the tech section also . Thanks, I dont mind grinding bitch, just want it to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.