Pirate 4x4 banner

Reverse threaded lugnuts on D70??

928 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  the78outlaw 
#1 ·
So I finally got into tearing apart my rear D70.. and on one side, the lugnuts are reverse threaded!

So, I have a few questions about this:

a) WTF?
b) WTF!!?
c) Why?
d) anyone seen this before?
e) WTF??!?!

I sure spent a lot of time tightening those bastards before I figured it out! hehe

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
I broke all 8 off...figured they were seized...went to the parts store..the kid behind the counter says "Left or right handed threads??"...I started laughin..yep...left handed threads...changedem to rightys...that way the retards at the walmart tire center didnt call me back cus they couldnt get my tire off...:shaking:

#4 ·
I believe it was only the early 1980 F-250's that had them... but yeah, pretty common, mopar did that shit for ever, and GM's did alot in the 60's, along with many, many big rigs..

It's the same reason the drivers side spindle nut it luft hand thread on a sterling.... to keep shit from backing off due to tire rotation.

#6 · (Edited)
All duece and half's are this way.

Also, my parents had a '85 F-250 Van that was this way. I had a blow out on it one day and just before I was gonna call a tow truck, I tried it left handed and it was no biggy:p
THis was a Sterling 10.25

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.