Pirate 4x4 banner

NP208 needs to shrink

898 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CherokeeTerrorist 
#1 · (Edited)
on my bronco i have a 302, 4spd, and a NP208.
i like the gear differance between hi and lo but am now building a prodject and need to no how i can shorten the length of the transfer case. will a slip yoke eliminator kit for this transfer case help me any? because if i got rid of the slip yoke i think this would solve my plolblems because my driveline needs to be shorter than the length of the cross of the slip yoke to the begining to the tube after the spline.
and with a slip yoke eliminator kit it allows u to run a solid driveline? or at least thats what i gathered so far.

#2 ·
well, a 208 from a bronco should allready have a fixed yoke.. if yours doesn't, something isn't right there... anyways, just get another 208 from a bronco, or short box truck(though some long boxes had them too) and be done with it..

#3 ·
it does have a fixed yoke now. i was curious about the slip yoke eliminator kits i see for jeeps all the time and wondered if it was somthing i could get to work for me. i need to get rid of the slip yoke in one of my drivelines on my prodject and if the kit would work how i think it does then its what i need. does anyone have any info on them???

#4 ·
wow where to start.... i slip yoke ELIMINATOR, eliminates a slip yoke on the OUTPUT of the transfer case, you just said you have a fixed yoke, ther for you dont have a slip yoke which means you cant eliminate somthing you dont have. Shoulda saved this for tuesday...:shaking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.