Pirate 4x4 banner

4-Link Critique

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  lil-bronc 
#1 ·
Vehicle is 93F F350 goin truggy. 60's front and rear, 40" Creepy Crawlers, 351 carbed goin pane, NP435, with BW1356/205 doubler. 3-Link front/4-Link rear

Here is my estimate of the rear with 114" wheelbase and 24" belly height. I was shooting for 100AS as thats what everyone says is good for buggies/rock crawlers, other than that I have no idea. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks,
-Matt

See less See more
#3 ·
OOO!!! i see a 4 link of my body style! im excited. post pics of your build... :D

#4 ·
The AS looks good, but make sure your numbers are accurate. The roll axis is suppose to be 0, meaning you are going to have major rear steer.

What axles are you running? the unsprung mass looks a little low. That has to total the axle, tires, wheels, and half the links.

From experience I would make the links that mount to the chassis have them adjustable. Meaning multiple mounting points at the chassis.

Just my .03

#6 ·
thats a ton of roll oversteer...the only way you are really going to drop that is majorly flatten out the lower links

#10 ·
looking better...is your tire rolling radius really going to be a full 20"?? Not many tires are a true 40", and most air down quite a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.