Pirate 4x4 banner

Ford C-6 Questions.

998 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  homelessduck 
#1 ·
I have a Ford c6 (4x4) with a shift kit, behind a built 390...When I first bought the truck I noticed weird sounds from the tranny area, mostly when in 2nd gear +. The noise went away, so I didnt think anything else of it, untill the other day when I heard the noise again... Only alot worse. 1st gear sounds OK, but when I hit 2nd and on up it sounds like hell. It vibrates, grinds, sounds like its not fully engaging or somthing... The tranny shifts strong, doesnt slip at all, no oil leaks, plenty of oil.

I should just pull it and inspect it, but money is tight and tools are limited. Im not driving it untill this problem is fixed, but I'd really like to ditch the 4banger Heep for my Ford SOON! :D

Any ideas of what might be wrong?
How much would it run (Roughly) to have a shop do the work?

Thanks guys,

-Dallas

#4 ·
Don't try to bench press a C6 out... it will win.

#9 ·
Thanks for the help guys.

The U-joints are all new. The problem im having is, I dont see how I would still be getting power to the rear end if that gear was blown...? I have a nice 205 laying around, and for the price of a new 203 I could convert to the 205... But that would involve having my drive lines extended, and they are pretty dam long as it is. I can get a goood,used/inspected 203 for $150... I really only need somthing to get me by for a few months, Im swapping in a doubler as soon as I can. (Probably September).

Thanks!

#14 ·
THE KIT CAME TODAY!!!

Yay, hopefully my truck will be fixed soon. :D

The NP203 takes 30w motor oil,correct? How many qts? Should I do anything different since its a part time kit? Ive been told to over fill it with oil because they do not lubricate well when the part time kit is installed.. So should I?

Thanks guys!

-Dallas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.