Can anyone identify this suspension lift? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 76912
Can anyone identify this suspension lift?

I purchased this 05 F350 a few months ago from a dealer. They have no clue what lift is on the truck and I'm unable to find any type of markings. Maybe yall can help me out. Sorry for the bad pics, its pitch black outside.

C MY 4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 76912
To add to the excitement..... recently the truck has been suffering from death wobble. I found that the steering stabilizers shown in the pics above were shot. I replaced it with a skyjacker kit last night.

These cured the problem until I had to travel a decrepit road today. The steering components trashed the drivers side shock.

Skyjacker says this will work with a 4 inch lift which I assume it is. I measure 5.5" from the original mounting points to the new ones. Anyone know what I can do with this?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 30212
idk what kit that is but check and double check the track bar, make absolutely sure that the brackets and bushings are as tight as possible. This has been the cause of my DW several times. Also check balance of tires and for any play in the steering system itself considering its all been modified. Start it up and get your wife or gf to wiggle the steering wheel back and forth, the axle should not move side to side at all, if it does then something is loose.

sorry idk what lift that is.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 76912
Yeah thats where I started on this a couple of days ago. I replaced the track bar bushing checked all of the bolts. I lifted the truck and checked the ball joints hubs and tierods.

The only problem I have found was the original steering stabilizers that were on it. The drivers side was ben and the passenger side had rubbed on the tierods enough to rub a hole though it.

The new kit has completely gotten rid of the problem. Its just that its coming in contact with the steering. I just need to find out what lift is on it so that I can either find a kit that will work on the truck or contact skyjacker to find out how to make this kit work.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 51119
Send a message via Yahoo to BEANE
will the stabilizers mount on the bottom of the tie rod ? if so that should take care of your problem
BEANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 76912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEANE View Post
will the stabilizers mount on the bottom of the tie rod ? if so that should take care of your problem
the bracket from the front axle isn't long enough to do it. I'm starting to wonder if i should make a longer bracket to do just that.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
MASTER TECH

Member # 54844
its a pro comp basic 6 "

i have the same one for sale in the classifieds -
: me fuckers

build up of the truggy
/forum/ford/544813-update-pics.html
f250rollinon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 76912
Quote:
Originally Posted by f250rollinon37s View Post
its a pro comp basic 6 "

Can you do me a favor and take some measurements of it for me? I think mine is only a 4", but I'm not sure. What steering stabilizer were you using? Did you have sway bar drop mount?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 44108
Quote:
Originally Posted by f250rollinon37s View Post
its a pro comp basic 6 "

Right on the money.
[SIZE="4"]

[COLOR="Silver"]One Up Offroad[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Rize Industries [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Icon Vehicle Dynamics [/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]RCD[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Full-Traction[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Rubicon Express [/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]KING[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Sway-a-Way[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"] FOX[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Dynatrac[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]Yukon Gear[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]ARB [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Detroit[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Including the largest selection of tires and wheels that you will find. Don't see what you are looking for? Give us a call.[/center]
bigreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 76912
It took me a little while but I found yours in the classifieds. Figures the other board I am on said it definetly wasn't a Pro-Comp. It sure looks like it is to me now.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
big bird

Member # 13701
Send a message via AIM to animator Send a message via Yahoo to animator
Shouldn't have to rely on steering stabilizers to "fix" DW, as they do not actually fix the problem, rather only mask it. Be sure to check your caster angle as well.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 76912
Quote:
Originally Posted by animator View Post
Shouldn't have to rely on steering stabilizers to "fix" DW, as they do not actually fix the problem, rather only mask it. Be sure to check your caster angle as well.
I'm not relying on it I just tow an awful lot and prefer to have them with the newer superdutys having the suspension problems they do. The original kit that was on the truck was actually the cause of the DW. I just want to find a kit that fits.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 44108
Quote:
Originally Posted by C MY 4D View Post
I'm not relying on it I just tow an awful lot and prefer to have them with the newer superdutys having the suspension problems they do. The original kit that was on the truck was actually the cause of the DW. I just want to find a kit that fits.

I didnt read the thread fully to see you had deathwobble issues. The procomp trac bar bolt hole is too large, drill out the upper trac bar bolt hole as well as the upper trac bar eye hole to 7/8" and replace with 7/8" bolt.

Tighten all you want, that bracket will most likely have play

And for future reference...procomp sucks
[SIZE="4"]

[COLOR="Silver"]One Up Offroad[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Rize Industries [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Icon Vehicle Dynamics [/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]RCD[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Full-Traction[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Rubicon Express [/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]KING[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Sway-a-Way[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"] FOX[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Dynatrac[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]Yukon Gear[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]ARB [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Detroit[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Including the largest selection of tires and wheels that you will find. Don't see what you are looking for? Give us a call.[/center]
bigreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Damn you chuckie...

Member # 85316
Send a message via AIM to svt150j49
but their shocks are puuuuuurdy...

Build thread:
Here

The un-named buggy - 2.3L, lotsa tube, and FJ80s.
svt150j49 is offline   Reply With Quote