98 f250, 7lug no more!!!!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 85049
Send a message via AIM to ford_n_toy
98 f250, 7lug no more!!!!!

well rite now i have a toyota on 60s and 351w with a c6. The guts form it are form my 72 bronco that i rolled and fucked up. hind site i should have fixed the bronco. But now i am stuck with this none streetable toyota that i have to trailer. dont get me wrong the toyota is badass but i want a rig thati can drive to trail. And i have Two trucks a van (gas millage) and a trailer to store, with four other roomates that all have one or two cars.

i have playing with idea of selling my 03 f350 and my toyota(keeping the axle's) and taking the trailer to my parents, and only using it for long haul trips.

i have an 98 f250 ext cab 4x4 light duty7 LUG! i am toying with idea of putting the 60's under her and beating theshit out of her.

plans would be:
60's f&r 5.38s lock rite F&r( allready have)
linked front with C/O 14"
leaf spring rear ( for now untill funds allow future up grades)

along with all the other goodies, internal cage, whinch,( boat side)

the catch would be, jump on this soon with in the month and have the axles in her before new years, i have all the tools needed just need to part out the toyota and sellthe f350.

I will addmore to this latter when iget out of class.

this isnt a thread asking if its a good idea or not, i am not asking if this is a good idea, i allready know its a damn good idea.

some question are i want to be low as possible but with 5 inches of travel?

are there any other ne gen ford 150's rock crawling 4linked

and any other help would be great

i will add much more to this when i get home. thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 85049
sorry about the grammer have class in five mins i will edit when i get home.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 71446
Send a message via AIM to WHITE RHINO
search
Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 85049
i have searched, but everthing comes up with older f150s or leaf springs. now i know someone is going to post up with a link that is sorta what i need and go look newb.

Last edited by ford_n_toy; 10-18-2007 at 03:54 PM.
ford_n_toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 44108
i dont know half of what the fuck you just said...but i may be selling my rear suspension shortly, in favor of linking it.

5" leafs 97-03 F150, sky shackle flip, (2) 14" travel 5125s
[SIZE="4"]

[COLOR="Silver"]One Up Offroad[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Rize Industries [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Icon Vehicle Dynamics [/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]RCD[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Full-Traction[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Rubicon Express [/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]KING[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Sway-a-Way[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"] FOX[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Dynatrac[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]Yukon Gear[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]ARB [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Detroit[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Including the largest selection of tires and wheels that you will find. Don't see what you are looking for? Give us a call.[/center]
bigreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Do it, let me know how the front end turns out. I'd love to put my 1 tons under my 03, but it's too virgin to get close to the O/A torch.
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 44108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcorewannabeXJ View Post
Do it, let me know how the front end turns out. I'd love to put my 1 tons under my 03, but it's too virgin to get close to the O/A torch.

wimp
[SIZE="4"]

[COLOR="Silver"]One Up Offroad[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Rize Industries [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Icon Vehicle Dynamics [/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]RCD[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Full-Traction[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Rubicon Express [/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]KING[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Sway-a-Way[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"] FOX[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Dynatrac[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]Yukon Gear[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]ARB [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Detroit[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Including the largest selection of tires and wheels that you will find. Don't see what you are looking for? Give us a call.[/center]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 94747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreen View Post
wimp
X2
jr4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 85049
Quote:
i dont know half of what the fuck you just said...but i may be selling my rear suspension shortly, in favor of linking it.

5" leafs 97-03 F150, sky shackle flip, (2) 14" travel 5125s

put that shit in the classifieds but yeah i mite be interested. pm me the price you want for them.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
wimp
Come awn now... I'm gonna have to start asking for pics of you wheeling that big green monster! And I don't mean dirt piles and trench flexing!

Last edited by HardcorewannabeXJ; 10-18-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 44108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcorewannabeXJ View Post
Come awn now... I'm gonna have to start asking for pics of you wheeling that big green monster! And I don't mean dirt piles and trench flexing!

Cut me some slack...its Florida...

If i can do it to a daily driver....so can you.
Attached Images

[SIZE="4"]

Old 10-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Quote:

Don't think I haven't thought about it. But I'm from nevada we wheel rocks around here (Not baggin on you, you wheel what you got!!) I'd be thinking more along the lines of this bad boy...

http://www.harrysituations.com/covers/peoples.html

I got to ride in that thing and man was it sweet. Crawled like a sumbitch with it's god damn loooong ass wheelbase with 10 foot rock sliders

But alas what if you break your DD???
Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 96052
Quote:

is this at the lakeland mud hole? btw, im the one with the sas tundra in lakeland, i have talked to you before about the crossover steering.
Apimpdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 85049
so i have been told to search and i cant find what i am looking for. dose anyone have a link or any info on a linked f150...
Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 44108
Quote:
I got to ride in that thing and man was it sweet. Crawled like a sumbitch with it's god damn loooong ass wheelbase with 10 foot rock sliders

But alas what if you break your DD???
Sweet, im on 41" iroks now also.

Build it You know you are risking breakage even less on the road than that IFS...wheel with caution if your worried...otherwise buy a $500 87 nissan stanza for a backup...like i did started first try after 6 months of sitting

I used to use my 74 bronco as a backup, but realized a bicycle would have been a better choice.

Quote:
so i have been told to search and i cant find what i am looking for. dose anyone have a link or any info on a linked f150...
Sorry, i dont know of any linked 97-03 F150s...but if you really get to the point where you grasp linked geometry...what does the vehicle type matter? Id stay away from it if you dont have total understanding personally. Do leafs and learn what youd like to change (keeps you wanting more and not getting bored with it also)

If you need any specific info...steering, measurements, whatever, just let me know and im happy to give whatever info i know

Quote:
is this at the lakeland mud hole? btw, im the one with the sas tundra in lakeland, i have talked to you before about the crossover steering.
Sure is...good to see you over on this site as well. Odd that i havent seen that big ole white tundra around yet.
[SIZE="4"]

Old 10-19-2007, 07:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 96052
Quote:
Sure is...good to see you over on this site as well. Odd that i havent seen that big ole white tundra around yet.
yea same here, i have been to the lakeland mud hole a lot also and still haven't seen you around.
Apimpdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 85049
Quote:
sorry, i dont know of any linked 97-03 F150s...but if you really get to the point where you grasp linked geometry...what does the vehicle type matter? Id stay away from it if you dont have total understanding personally. Do leafs and learn what youd like to change (keeps you wanting more and not getting bored with it also)

If you need any specific info...steering, measurements, whatever, just let me know and im happy to give whatever info i know.

well i am confident in my fab skills, and i have never done a link suspension, but all my good buddy will walk me through it. i dont see the the point in going leaves.

some question i have on other trucks

Steering- can i use my box in its stock location.
lower links- .250 wall or .388wall
coil overs- 2.0 vs 2.5
brakes- will the stock master hold up to the job.

i am just trying to think of everything cuase when i jump into it i would like to have it sitting on its own in less then two weeks, with just drive shafts and brake lines to finish

for now i think i am going to leave the rear leaf sprung just to have her done for new years. then after new years i will link the rear and shorten the wheel base.
now just to get rid of the f350, dont think it should be to hard

Last edited by ford_n_toy; 10-19-2007 at 03:48 PM.
ford_n_toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 44108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_n_toy View Post
well i am confident in my fab skills, and i have never done a link suspension, but all my good buddy will walk me through it. i dont see the the point in going leaves.

some question i have on other trucks( i guess there none)

Steering- can i use my box in its stock location. - yup...works out well, 94 F-350 pitman arm
lower links- .250 wall or .388wall - depends on the OD...id say 2x.388" lowers...1.75x.25" upper (i think thats the overkill side of things)
coil overs- 2.0 vs 2.5 - probably get away with 2.0s...but 2.5"s would be nice
brakes- will the stock master hold up to the job. - mine is stock...always stopped great up until lately, ive had a soft pedal, and am looking into what could be the causes.

i am just trying to think of everything cuase when i jump into it i would like to have it sitting on its own in less then two weeks, with just drive shafts and brake lines to finish

for now i think i am going to leave the rear leaf sprung just to have her done for new years. then after new years i will link the rear and shorten the wheel base.
now just to get rid of the f350, dont think it should be to hard
cant wait to see it done...wish i could handle the downtime to link the front
[SIZE="4"]