Electric Locker - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 100306
Electric Locker

I have an electric locker, for my bronco D44, that I bought off a guy recently. It is a Detroit Trutrac with a ring on it with wires and a coil to make it a full locker. At first I was told it was an electrac, but those have actuators on the cover. This is fully contained and the only thing coming out of the cover are 2 wires. It has the part numbers 52062 and 5f04 scribed into it. Anyone have any idea what it is??
t120r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wickedly Uncool

Member # 4135
Detroit Electrac. (sp)
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 100306
Were there different versions of the Electrac? It looks like a spring is missing from the coil ring. One that returns the arm and unlocks the unit. SO I need a new spring, new ring assembly or have to source the parts to convert it to the cover style.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wickedly Uncool

Member # 4135
No idea. I have never owned one, just remember when they were introduced. Check Eaton's website.
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 100306
Someone posted their contact info on here. I'll probably call them tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the spring I need. If not, I'd almost bet that the unit itself is the same as the version with the external actuator in the cover... Maybe I could find someone with one blown up to sell the left over parts.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 100306
Well I just got off the phone with Eaton. Apparently it's a prototype that was never sold to the public. He was very surprised to hear I had it. Flat out told me no parts were available for it or the other model electrac. So basically if I want the electrics to work, then I have to fab something up. Making a wave spring should prove fun.