Best Way To Fit 40" Tires on F350 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 94536
Send a message via AIM to moonshiner68
Best Way To Fit 40" Tires on F350

The truck in my sig, needs to have 40" Michelins underneath it, Im not knowledgable on how to lift things over 6" so I thought ya'll could help me come up with a fairly easy, moderatly expensive, way to get the proper lift for the 40's without rubbing. I know I need to do it right the first time, but im also not into making this a mall-crawler, cause it isnt, so I dont need remote resevoir Fox shocks, get my drift? lol
Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 95396
Drop down brackets in the front with a shackle reversal, and springs. In the rear go to the ford dealer and buy (2) front/rear spring hangers(the front hanger for the rear springs). Cut off your stock rear spring hangers and put on the ones from ford, buy a good beefy shackle and 6" springs. Atlas spring can make you custom springs for pretty cheap, and they make good shackles also. If ya want some more info pm me. mines for sale

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...IDCategory=850

40x13.5x17 goodyear mtr's on 17x12 wheels. 14-12 lift

Last edited by saabaroonie; 07-21-2009 at 11:12 PM.
saabaroonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Drink beer... grab the sawzall
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 39826
You should be able to fit them with some cutting or cutouts, and maybe a couple inches of lift at the most. I run 42's with 5-6" and cutouts. The front axles moved forward as well.

Saabaroonie, can your truck use all the wheel well provided? If not (and I doubt it), its a waste.

Last edited by Ak_F250; 07-24-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Ak_F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 52752
look at Sky Manufacturing for a set of spring hangers and a shackle flip for the rear. That will give you 4" inches of lift. I think ARB builds a spring for the OBS that is about 3" of lift and they are supposed to flex really nice. Next would be to either cut out your fenders on your own or a set of bushwacker cutouts. You have 6-7 inches of lift, should clear 40s well, all you need is shocks.

micky
bowtied_micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 95396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak_F250 View Post
You should be able to fit them with some cutting or cutouts, and maybe a couple inches of lift at the most. I run 42's with 5-6" and cutouts. The front axles moved forward as well.

Saabaroonie, can your truck use all the wheel well provided? If not (and I dubt it), its a waste.
It's not a waste, it's just not a hacked up piece of crap. I have a jeep that's hacked up and gets the crap beat out of it. My ford is my tow rig, a clean tow rig on 40's. Believe it or not some people like having their vehicles look decent. I know this is a tardcore rock crawling site and I should gtfo but the guy asked a question in which I had first-hand knowledge. So flame on.... I'll head over to the rc car threads where all the hardcore guys hangout.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 41212
Send a message via AIM to zachis4wheeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabaroonie View Post
So flame on.... I'll head over to the rc car threads where all the hardcore guys hangout.
Damn! I guess he told you didn't he AK250!

Anyways.....

If I was going to use that as a tow rig....and wanted to run 40s on my tow rig. (Why? I'll never know...), I'd look at this buildup. It has a lot of good ideas in it to keep your rig low, drivable with excellent ground clearance.

I think he has a 4" lift on his truck. His rear fenders were widened and the truck looks nice and has a reeeeaaal good stance. Not to mention, he wheels the fawk out of it.

I had a 88 F350 at one time, and it had a 6" lift on it and the 35s that came on it looked tiny. I could have probably run 38s without any issues on it.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 27645
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachis4wheeling View Post
I had a 88 F350 at one time, and it had a 6" lift on it and the 35s that came on it looked tiny. I could have probably run 38s without any issues on it.
Redstang did a great job on that truck.

My '90 F-350 came to me with 35s and no lift, at full stuff wheel turned to the stops it will kiss the leafs just a tad. No body contact ever.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 75203
Moonshiner i see you left the nation to come here for some advise wise move.OBSWIZ will get the job done for you but there are def other ways and cheaper than that and the fact that hes a know it all hahahahah.
robpstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 95396
guess I'm the only person who read the part where he said lifts over six inches. Pretty sure he wasn't asking how to use a sawzall either.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 36711
Quote:
guess I'm the only person who read the part where he said lifts over six inches. Pretty sure he wasn't asking how to use a sawzall either.
Look here you fresh fawked lil faggot... You actually drive that piece of shit on (our) public road ways with a trailer. You should be shot, PERIOD. FUCK YOU, and your stupid fawkin tow rig. NO ONE CARES...

Secondly... How the fawk do you need over six inches to clear 40's on any 90's model ford...?? I can clear them with 4" and no sawzall... What now cool guy?

What a fuckin tool...
Nor Cal Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 94536
Send a message via AIM to moonshiner68
lol. ya'll crack me up, easy fellers, i came here needing info on tall lifts but after bullriding tonight i had a revalation of sorts, and decided maybe smaller lift but more body work, what do ya'll know about fiberglass fenders and such? cause im not touchn the front fenders with a sawzall, or the rear, but the rear will be a flatbed anyway, before lift.
im trying to figure a way to conserve my cash, not that i couldnt afford a fancy 24k gold shock build, but thats not my character, lol. And yes Rob i left the "Nation" cause im tired of being who to talk to, and then hearing from that guy that I should re-finance my house to raise the truck, itd be fine if I was makin it a show truck or if I needed the ride of a caddy, but if ya read the previous statement about bullridin, and ya knew I ride hard-tail harleys, you'll know I aint real big into ridin fancy, lol.

Anyway back to the nitty gritty, so the Sky RSK 3" front kit and flip shackle rear should do me fine with some front body work, now would ya'll recommend Fiberglass or tube frame fenders? Should my driveline angle be fine with this "mild" lift? and will my sled pulling suffer? lol
Also what route should be less expensive, the tall lift, or the body work, n tube framed fenders, given the fact I can weld?

Last edited by moonshiner68; 07-22-2009 at 11:09 PM.
moonshiner68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 110717
Location: Glen Burnie, MD wishin I was still wheelin in N Idaho
Here is my 95 f350 with no lift and 36's... I would bet with a shackle flip and a front shackle switch you could fit 40's no problem.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 95396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wheelin View Post
Look here you fresh fawked lil faggot... You actually drive that piece of shit on (our) public road ways with a trailer. You should be shot, PERIOD. FUCK YOU, and your stupid fawkin tow rig. NO ONE CARES...

Secondly... How the fawk do you need over six inches to clear 40's on any 90's model ford...?? I can clear them with 4" and no sawzall... What now cool guy?

What a fuckin tool...
I like the black text at the end. Nice touch to a classy post. For starters my truck is legal, which is amazing considering I'm in California(except for mud flaps maybe). I don't tow anything heavy, just a jet boat and a box trailer sometimes. What's with all the hostility and name calling? Can't we all get along? I know there is more than one way to get 40's on a truck. The dude was askin a specific question and people were tellin him to do something completely different. That's what pirate folks do I guess. I just get tired of reading posts from the angry mob. ^^^^^. So have a nice day, live a happy long non homosexual life.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 25540
PIRATE4X4 HARDCORE web wheelers...Everybody is a pro and no matter the rig its a pile of shit.. Lift your truck over 6" and your a fag..Hack up a geo and your the man Clean trucks=gay..Hump your sister=cool...HAHAHHAA Love this site.. Socal must not be part of the usa cause its all different here..
Old 07-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 27645
This guy used fiberglass front fenders on his '96, did a nice job.

/forum/ford/709233-96-f150-build.html

I think the guys that built that rig are dead, I heard they were on the way back from the mall where they were buying baggy pants and flat bill hats and were run over by a fawktard in a superdoody lifted 12" w/ 40s towing a trailer.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Send a message via Yahoo to Proeliator
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4XFORD View Post
I think the guys that built that rig are dead, I heard they were on the way back from the mall where they were buying baggy pants and flat bill hats and were run over by a fawktard in a superdoody lifted 12" w/ 40s towing a trailer.

Good times
'73 F250, 533 on N2o, 35spln chromo Superior/CTM D60/D70, twinsticked 205, hydro-assist, f&r lockers, 46" Titan R1s.
Proeliator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 95396
HATERS....... Ok guys I've realized your right. My truck is gay and so am I. What should I do? Fill it with 40 gallons of gas and light a match, and ride it out like a captain goin down with his ship? On a thread in the Cherokee forums someone actually recomended that to someone.... Why do people gotta hate so hard? Poppa told me if you got hate in your heart let it out..... But he didn't say nothin about the Internet in that speech. Fags
Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 27645
Quote:
Ok guys My truck is gay and so am I. What should I do? Fill it with 40 gallons of gas and light a match, and ride it in the Cherokee forums so hard? if you got hate in your heart let Internet Fags out.....
Things don't go so well for some thin skinned people here in the Ford forum. If you have some convincing argument to relate or statistical date to add please do so, otherwise you're just a target.

Last edited by 4XFORD; 07-23-2009 at 02:38 PM.
4XFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
HATERS....... Ok guys I've realized your right. My truck is gay and so am I. What should I do? Fill it with 40 gallons of gas and light a match, and ride it out like a captain goin down with his ship? On a thread in the Cherokee forums someone actually recomended that to someone.... Why do people gotta hate so hard? Poppa told me if you got hate in your heart let it out..... But he didn't say nothin about the Internet in that speech. Fags
Thank you for your post. No, seriously, I totally mean it. I haven't "hated" or really interacted with this thread much; but your post had me laughing so hard it totally made my day.

Thank you, and God Bless. Pirate4x4 Ford section is Love.

'73 F250, 533 on N2o, 35spln chromo Superior/CTM D60/D70, twinsticked 205, hydro-assist, f&r lockers, 46" Titan R1s.

Last edited by Proeliator; 07-23-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 95396
Just funny man. People try to be so hardcore. Thin skin isn't a problem. Like I said before I just hate the mob mantality in here, Like a pack of dogs. If someone wants 20" of lift and 33's who the fuck cares(been to pismo beach lately?). Don't tell em they can put 52's on it with a 2" lift and a sawzall. If someone asked the best way to bang a skinny chick would you tell em to just go after fat ones cause they are easier to get at?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
If someone asked the best way to bang a skinny chick would you tell em to just go after fat ones cause they are easier to get at?
No, I'd tell them to go after a fat chick because they are easier to snare; then lock them in a closet until they become a skinny chick.

See? Its all about thinking outside of the box
Old 07-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 27645
Quote:
Just funny man.

Thanks, but you make it easy.

Quote:
People try to be so hardcore. Thin skin isn't a problem. Like I said before I just hate the mob mantality in here, Like a pack of dogs.

Dogs?? Because more than one person pointed out towing with 12" of lift on 40s is not a good idea? And you tow only cupcakes and frogwings.......right. Wtf do you put in that big ass box trailer....angel kisses and douche aroma?

Here's a few questions, answer if you can.

Do you still have sway bars on your truck? If not, were they unecessary for towing?

What are your springs rated at and what does the manufacturer of them recommend for load rating? Did you consult them about their springs in conjunction with the other lift items you installed?

What is the valving of your shocks and how does that relate towing?

Quote:
If someone wants 20" of lift and 33's who the fuck cares(been to pismo beach lately?).
I do. Doesn't really bother me until they hook onto a big beached whale and tow it at 75mph in traffic. Lack of experience, common sense or both.

Nope, haven't been to Pismo in years, too many fawktards ruin the place.

Quote:
Don't tell em they can put 52's on it with a 2" lift and a sawzall.
Using the retards at Pismo Beach as an example of safe and good practices doesn't really seem convincing to me. If they want to be chuckstrucks poster children who cares but don't look up to them as pillars of thought and reason.

Quote:
If someone asked the best way to bang a skinny chick would you tell em to just go after fat ones cause they are easier to get at?
That discussion would take a few , unless you were there, you don't seem to have much experience at anything, your homorage is showing.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 123835
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERFORMANCE View Post
Socal must not be part of the usa cause its all different here..
If I had my way it wouldn't be and it would be an island below baja...
Chance B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 88573
Send a message via AIM to SAY789 Send a message via MSN to SAY789
Whoa aint been online in a few weeks so im not gettin into this one lol. But back to the topic, I had an '88 Three Fiddy got it on 8" springs and cleared 39.5 X 18 tsl's with minimal rub on full turn. A perch will help you fit bigger tires if you move your axle forward a couple inches and trim the bumper. Sky also makes a 5" kit front for some penny but if you have basic fab know how you can make a perch and make taller shackles. Rear id just buy the sky flip and if so taller shackle. I towed with mine and i know from experience unless its a quad trailer id steer clear, heavy trailers squat even the stiffest of lift springs due to no overload perches. Check my album for pics. Where abouts in Oregon you located?

Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter View Post
I think I heard that the model with the rear blocks and neg arched fronts was the super rare model called a Medium Boy.
SAY789 is offline   Reply With Quote