Pirate 4x4 banner

"super ranger" build

363K views 904 replies 137 participants last post by  FORDTECHGURU 
#1 ·
Well, here it goes, the slow build up of my second ranger, a 1990 junkyard special i got for $500.. I am calling it super ranger NOT because it's the baddest thing ever to come to pirate (that's for damn sure,) moreover, it has lots of superduty parts and it's supercharged. It should be fun no less. I was gonna wait till i got further along, but, the board has been slow it seems, so enjoy or hate... :p

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
yeh, the 66 mustang was my first car, it will be the next project after the range, as per the wifey!!, it will have a 4.6 dohc cobra motor, turbocharged, mustang 2 and yada yada...
the 60 falcon is my buddys car, 306,c4,was workin on a 9" ladder setup for that, but time/money has got it on hold for now...

#16 ·
You're gonna want to find a non a/c heater box for that unless you are doing a delete...

#17 ·
almost forgot the build sheet:

1990 ranger ex.cab p/u
blown 306 , 450ish hp
built e4od trans 93'ish
atlas t-case (3.4?)
bj dana 60 ft. outta' an 03 duty'
10.5 sterling rear outta' 03 duty'
5.38 gears
lincoln locked rear for now
arb front
1410 flanges all
1" johnny joints (sp?) uppers
1 1/4" johnny joints lowers
12 bolt h1's w/custom rock rings (see avatar)
pvc locks
42" rockers
factory hydroboost w/master off s.duty
custom fuel cell
19x31 summit rad w/dual 13" fans
scat seats
5 point harnesses
custom dash w/autometers
a/c and heat
exocage
probably fox c/o, maybe ori's
9500 lb viper winch w/amsteel blue
hf axle winches (camo's)
full hydro steer w/surplus d.e. ram
piaa headlamps and varad rock lights
led tail lights

thats all i can think of for now..

#20 ·
its about fucking time man :flipoff2: you have been talking about this thing since i started my shit. when you said blown i was not thinking a roots, but a centrifical. looks good.

now hurry the fuck up

#25 ·
the idea was to use 5.0 exploder mounts originally, so trailerguy had a set for me to mock up with, when i got home and compared, they were almost identical, except two studs up top instead of one, sizing etc. was the same. so, fawk it, use what u got, of course these are mock up units, new ones before final assembly, possibly a torque strut also, i do want it to have some give..

#22 ·
i had those headers for years, bought them on a whim from a broke dude out of the trunk of his car, just thought i might use them "someday" turns out they were perfect!
whittled up a crossmember..

Attachments

#24 ·
hmmm, thought i had some pics of the crossmember done, can't find... i'll get back to that,anyways, the motor and trans were in and set back 5deg. like a stock s.d., got the bsw crew over and got the cab put on, now the a/c stuff..

Attachments

#26 ·
got the hydro boost setup in, basically a bolt in deal, had to r/r the mounting plate and redrill it for the stock ranger pattern, transfer the studs, and mod the pedal rod shorter, you can see the ori. holes in the pics, gravy....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.