Pirate 4x4 banner

ZF 2wd to 4wd? and A.I.R pump...?

889 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jam0o0 
#1 ·
i need to know if there is a way to adapt the ZF 5spd 2wd to 4wd output? swaping tailshafts n outputshafts?? also any 1 use an A.I.R pump for onboard air? says 35 psi an hour but im sure a big enough tank would suffice, with it being full all the time..

#2 ·
Depends on the ZF you have.
2wd ZF with parking brake attached like those found on tow trucks, it can be converted by unbolting the casting with the parking brake and bolting on a transfer case.
2wd zf from a pickup truck with only an output yoke need to change the tail casting and possibly the main output shaft from a 4wd.

#3 ·
yup i got a ZF from a 90' F-250 so it can be done, just with a little work, thats what i wanted to know, if i go with the D300 n adapter this is what ill have to do, im looking for a divorced case now, but we shall see....any one on the A.I.R pump??:flipoff2:

#4 ·
the general idea i've gotten from conversatons about air pumps is that they don't make any psi. if you had a giant tank, and only needed 20 psi it could work. but with the pump running all the time you have to have a valve that unloads the pump or i think it'll burn up. in the stock configuration they are always pumping at basically zero psi and are vented when the air isn't needed.

try it and report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.