Pirate 4x4 banner

Tube mounting question

752 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JoshTurner 
#1 ·
OK... Im building a cheap beater truck & Im not putting front fenders on it...

I just made a radaitor mount( The rad is an 80s 4 core) & want to run tube from the cab to the rad mount..I just cant get it in my head how I should mount it...

Any Ideas???

Heres pix....

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I would run a hoop from the old inner fender mount locations.

That way you can add shit later as you decide you want more bling, or lights, or some shit...

#4 · (Edited)
For the firewall or the rad mount or both?
Got a bender?
I'd just get a pipe flange and some threaded elbows from the plumbing aisle :laughing:

Flange for the firewall:
Auto part Automotive engine part Metal Hardware accessory

Bend a big U with each leg going to the firewall, bottom of the U crosses in front of the rad and makes the front of the halo, with a downbar on each side of the rad, maybe tie into the spring towers. Add a crossmember along the top to tie in the rad mount. :flipoff2:

#5 ·
For the firewall or the rad mount or both?
Got a bender?
I'd just get a pipe flange and some threaded elbows from the plumbing aisle :laughing:

Flange for the firewall:
View attachment 510590

Bend a big U with each leg going to the firewall, bottom of the U crosses in front of the rad and makes the front of the halo, with a downbar on each side of the rad, maybe tie into the spring towers. Add a crossmember along the top to tie in the rad mount. :flipoff2:

For the rad side... I have the cab side figured out....No bender no acess to one...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.