Pirate 4x4 banner

Thinking about some axle options.

701 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  84FTRUCK 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any info on seperate hand brakes for left and right side rear brakes instead of a locker. One of the guys i know said if done right it could potentially act like a locker instead of buying one and just keep the open diff. This sounds cool but i wonder if would actually function. I would only be doing mild wheeling on trails but would like extra traction. Any input would be great!:)

#2 ·
it'll work that you can pull the brake on the wheel that is spinning (if you know which one it is) and that forces the power to the other wheel.

the cutting brakes will also help you turn sharper.

it's a bit of a pain in the ass to plumb but definitely worth it. you just have two extra master cylinders and levers and run two brake lines to the rear. i think cnc makes a kit for this?

#4 ·
x2, for a low-buck rig this is the only way to go. Get some ebrake handles out of hondas or something similar.

#6 ·
it actually works pretty well, gotta make sure the brake shoes are adjusted right, and we just used eyelets welded to the frame to route the cables
essentially your using the brakes for their original purpose anyway, and there are no hydrolics to worry about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.