Pirate 4x4 banner

Converting Ford rear D60 to 6x5.5 and Disc?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brewchief 
#1 ·
I have a late 70's single rear wheel full floating Ford D60 rear axle that needs to be converted to 6x5.5 and disc brake. It is going to be narrowed a bit so the shafts will be custom anyways and I assume could just be ordered to 6x5.5. What are my options and could any of you guys provide some recommendations/direction aside from the 1200.00 kit that "solid axle" provides.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Are you wanting to stay full floating or go to a semi floating shaft? I think there is an issue with the FF axle bolts being to big to fit though a 5x5.5 bolt circle wheel, 6x5.5 won't be any better, it can be done with a 14bolt due to a slightly smaller axle bolt pattern, even so I believe socket head bolts must be used.
Hubs that use drive slugs and double splined axles are another possibility but might not fit your budget.

Semi floater could be as easy as lopping off the ends and using 9" ford type ends and aftermarket 35 spline axles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.