Pirate 4x4 banner

4.2 v6 i got a motor

738 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  willys101_4lo 
#1 ·
I got a 4.2 v6 from a 99 f150 is this more trouble than its worth to put in my yota. I have the harness a the pcm. How much of a bicth is it to do????????????????????????????????????????????????

#5 ·
1st, stop typing like a 12 year old girl, one "?" and one "e" will suffice.

Second, these are good enough motors. Make sure you inspect the motor real well, those years had problems with a head gasket leaking coolant into the cylinders and causing the motor to hydrolock. As long as it was actually rebuilt 30K ago, it should be fine, but you need to make sure no internal damage was done. I've seen it more than one the engine hydrolocks, is rebuilt, and never runs right because the rebuild was shit.

Depending on how indepth the rebuild was, that motor will put up with a ton of abuse, and there are more than a few guys over at v6f150.com that are putting 250+HP to the wheels. It's a little big considering it's only a 6-banger, but still not a bad engine by any means.

#7 ·
To get the motor in a toyota, I would recommend some time; some blood, sweat, tears & profanity; and some fabrication skills. :flipoff2:

As far as the harness goes, unless you're just super wiring guy, (which I highly doubt, as you'd just be doing it instead of asking how here) I'd imagine the smart thing would be to use as much of the ford harness as possible

Any other advice you want, feel free to ask :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.