Pirate 4x4 banner

Steering Link Improvement?

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  JoshTurner 
#1 ·
I have some wobble issues with my front end, and I want to correct them, but probably move away from the OEM setup, any suggestions?

#4 ·
I was just making sure you didn't go off and buy/fab a new steering setup and still have the wobble due to worn joints elsewhere.

What do you want out of it? There's a few options, just depends what works best for your application.

You want to keep the panhard and drag link as close as possible in length and angle. Use any steering setup you like that meets those requirements.

#5 ·
Well the truck is currently used for a recovery rig as well as a sled puller in the summer. I was wondering if a cross-over steering setup or hi-steer would work well for me. I plan to lift it a bit higher in the future or atleast do some body work and slap on some larger tires.

#11 ·
Your knuckles will have to be reamed for the chevy TRE's. That should be the simplest way. Make sure the drag link will clear crossmembers, springs, diffs and such. Otherwise the heims will require a high mounted arm on the pass. side knuckle, and the existing steering arms will have to be drilled out for the tie rod.
Don't take my word for it, I've gathered all this info from trolling pirate BB. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure how well they work, I don't have them myself

#12 ·
so i ordered the chevy tie-rod ends from partsmike.com will have a local shop fab up the rods and ream out the knuckles an maybe the pitman arm. I just dont possess the tools needed to fab up the rods or tap them for the thread pitch needed so Ill bite the bullet on this one an have a shop do it. :mad3:

#18 ·
Iv been dealing with him for close if not more than 15 years... GREAT product & guy.. He really knows his stuff & has actualy made his own gear lube & other stuff on his own..

"marketed" no just a small biz selling parts

I have yet to hear about anything bad on his parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.