Pirate 4x4 banner

Looking for ideas for my 1969 E-300, 4WD???

684 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  darkrider2 
#1 ·
So I recently got a 1969 E-300 1 ton 2wd with a 240 and a 4 speed manual. Believe it has Dana 60 with 4.10''s in the rear. Since Camburg is the only company that makes lifts for the vehicle and their $3000, I've decided not to lift it. I',m thinking about maybe turning this into a 4wd by using parts off a 1967-72 F-350. Anybody know or ever done anything like this or have any suggestions on transfer cases and parts to use. My friend wants me to put bigger leafs in the back and big tires but I'd rather have 4wd. Also taking suggestion on what I should do with the vehicle project wise.:)

#2 ·
pics? It would be a pretty unique rig. I don't think anything good as far as 4x4 parts came off those year fords, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Only thing I can think of is the divorced NP-205 Transfer case. Not sure if the front overhang will allow you to use leaves, but maybe a radius arm setup with a D60 or 8-lug D44 would work, depending how hard you wanna thrash it.

Here's a '74 converted to 4x4 and dually, a starting point for your research maybe. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/893655-74-e-300-4x4-dually.html

#3 ·
This is a pic of the 89 E350 I converted. I used a divorced NP205 out of a 76 F250. I had to extend the frame 6" to allow for a front spring mount, it wasn't that hard, just do your homework first.

#4 ·
I',m thinking about maybe turning this into a 4wd by using parts off a 1967-72 F-350.
Those weren't 4wd. The first factory 4x4 F-350 was in '79.

#5 ·
damn, was hoping I could find same year f350 and swap the parts ad be simply done with it. Guess its back the the drawing board. I was thinking on the NP205 transfer case. Guess I'll have to get the measuring tape out and pay a few visits to the junkyard. I'll keep the thread updated with work and pics.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.