Pirate 4x4 banner

Heater Core

594 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Freedombyforce 
#1 ·
Does anyone here have any helpful tips in regards to changing a heater core in a 70 Bronco...I have all but one screw out of the accordion boot that covers the heater core from the passenger side vent box...I have flushed my cooling system, and removed the hoses from the necks of the heater core on the engine side of the firewall.

Do I need to remove the whole heating/vent box from below the dash in order to change the heater core out, or can I get the heater core out of the heating/vent box with the box still mounted to the firewall.

Any useful pointers or suggestions would be great, thanks guys.

Bryce.

#2 · (Edited)
Pull the whole box. It is only 4 nuts on the firewall .

Pull the glove box.

Pull the cable controls, the defroster ducts, then undo the 4 nuts on the firewall.

once you have the accordion boot off, it should come out fairly easy.

While you are at it, replace the foam and do the chevy motor upgrade (sirch Broncofix.com or CB) and you will be far happier.

Good luck!

#3 ·
x2... you will have to pull the unit out. Go ahead and dump the accordion boot. if you want outside air, jeffs bronco graveyard has a plastic replacement. I just leave it off and cover the hole in the truck with a piece of sheet metal and just recirculate the air inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.