Pirate 4x4 banner

Ladder Bar Schooling

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  moonshiner68 
#1 ·
I am in need of some rear axle stabilization for when I decide to hitch up to a heavy load an accelerate quickly. I know I need ladder bars or some sort of stabilizer bar but unsure of I should go with the traditional ladder bar design or just with a 4-5 ft section of Dom welded to the axle an secured to the frame with a Heim joint.
Not a fabricator by any means so some basic ideas would be of great help

#2 ·
My buddys got a 78 with some significant power from his motor he got 2 pieces of dom 2" and put heims under axle and up on frame works 100% with hook ups and traction. Npo axle wrap anymore

#3 ·
Here's one I built yesterday. The shacklel in the front allows the bar to move forward and backwards as the springs change length under different loads.

I would not just weld tubing to the axle and attach at the end. There are several vendors like blue torch fab and others that supply DIY brackets and such that can be used to put something together if you don't have all the fab tools required.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.