Pirate 4x4 banner

5.0 Intake

917 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Rooney77 
#1 ·
I'm running a bronco 5.0 SD motor but the damn intake plenum is too big. Will the mustang plenum bolt right up to the bronco lower manifold? Are there options for a shorter intake plenum? If not I may just have to fab something up.

#2 ·
Does your 5.0 lower plenum have the rectangular ports? If it does, then no you cant bolt up the Mustang plenum, and noone makes an adapter. Ive heard Holley upper intakes are along the same design, but dont know if they will work or not and it sounds like you dont want to spend the money. Just save yourself some trouble and find a Mustang upper and lower, most people end up just throwing them away anyway.

#7 ·
Find a Mustang or Crown Vic upper and lower, either will bolt on and you can flip the upper to point the throttle body either direction.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I found a guy willing to trade me mustang upper and lower and the throttle body for a 203 I had laying around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.