Pirate 4x4 banner

sasquatch or 4x4 courier

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  just4cuz 
#1 ·
ok so about a year ago i posted about a ford sasquatch well we bought it for $260 but by the time we brought it home i had my 89 toyota so my brother got the saquatch but i still want a courier to wheel when in not wheeling my toyota. So before i forked out the cash to buy or make my own i wanter to see what you have done. I have seen three couriers on here a 80's model white one a yellow 70's model and a pea green 70's model but no build threads or spec list so if you have or konw of one post some pics and some specs maybe even a build thread link.........._Thanks Anthony

#3 · (Edited)
That one is sweet i was gonna go with HP dana 44 up front with a detroit and 4.56 or 5.38 with eather leaves or radius arms then a 9" out back with a spool or detroit and 4.56 or 5.38 with leaves then eather keep the 4 cly till it blows then swap a 302 or 351 in to it or a efi mustang V6 all the motors would have a 5 speed trans and a np203/205 doubler all on 36" TSL's and rock crawlers

#4 ·
I had the green one. It was a 76 with a dealer 4x4 conversion done on it when it was new, and was originally titled as a 4WD.
It had a Jeep CJ D30 5 lug drum brake front axle, Jeep CJ front leaf springs, Jeep CJ D20 Tcase with a freak spud shaft for the 4 speed Koyo-Goyo (I think?) trans.
I installed GM D44 6 lug knuckles-out, front disc brakes and stub shafts on the front so the front and rear wheels had the same bolt pattern.
The truth is it was fun for a while, but for a trail rig I fucking hated it. Driving it on the trails was like being stuffed in a trash can and kicked down a hill. I'm 6'0"/180lbs and I chipped a bone in my elbow from being pitched around in it and also jammed my neck when my head hit the roof once because my seat belt was loose. A guy stopped buy one day with a pile of cash wanting to buy it and I grabbed the money and signed it over to him without a second thought. No regrets.

#6 ·
I traded mine to a guy for a 73 Suburban 26 years ago and never looked back.
It was a little bastardized conversion and not real well done. The steering was pretty hokey as I recall and I was too big for it (6' 2" and 220). I still have the Suburban too!:flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.