Pirate 4x4 banner

85 and 94 bronco engine crossmembers the same?

861 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sargon 
#1 ·
I'm building a 94 bronco with a D60 and 10.25. I'm pulling the axles off my old 85 bronco. I need to know if the crossmembers are the same. I trimmed the 85 crossmember for clearance, so to put the TTB on it I need to swap the crossmember from the 94 over to the 85.

Are they the same Crossmember?

#2 ·
Are you talking about the front engine crossmember? If so they maybe a little different but it would be a lot easier to modifiy the 94' to make it work with your SAS swap. I have never tried, but have modified almost anything you can think of with that body style and frame. But I bet that crossmember won't come out with out a fight.

#3 ·
Yep the engine Crossmember is the one I'm looking to swap.

Reason is I'm putting the TTB Back in the 85 which has a SAS. So rather then buy a new Crossmember, to just sell the truck. I have to swap it.

#4 ·
There might be minor differences in the cutout for the oil filter, but otherwise I'd think it would be the same.

If you have the ability to cut all the rivets and do the work, you'll have the ability to handle any minor differences that might exist.

#6 ·
The crossmembers should swap, however, they are welded in as well as riveted, it's a pain to get one out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.