Pirate 4x4 banner

97-03 sas

25K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  chevyguy15 
#1 ·
Not looking for a cookie :flipoff2: There have just been a lot of threads in the past with some good, and some misleading information. The 97-03 (04 Heritage) F-150s are kind of the bastard child for swaps, so I just wanted to inform that I finally finished creating a kit that fits 5 different front axles, at lift heights from 7"-16.5".

The only thing you need beyond this are axles, driveshaft shortening (rear), a front driveshaft, and notching your tranny crossmember for front d-shaft clearance (depending on lift height).

https://shop.farmboyfabrications.co...ns-complete-solid-axle-conversion-system.html

#3 ·
That red one in yur pics that says 16.5" +3" body....he running 44" boggers in that pic?

Also, are you running 73-87 Chevy leaves on these?

Thanks. Yes, and yes up front. I wanted a spring that was readily available, and being built for 1/2tons (2.5" wide), they ride and articulate very well for their length (47"). The rears are still for the F150 though.

#4 ·
Heres a pic of the shock mounts/upper trac bar bracket. And an older pic of the hanger installed and powdercoated.

Wish I had more pics, but I've been behind, so things have either been shipping out or at the powdercoater.

Attachments

#5 ·
ya got holes and shit on all the pieces and the best you could come up with for the front hanger was a flat piece of metal? Weak if you ask me....naw just kidding, looks good man should sell well for ya.

#6 ·
:flipoff2:

I kept going back and wanting to do something different with that beam, but it just doesnt hold any load. The hangers are outboard, even the 31.5" perch width is directly under the rail. It only lines it all up, there are braces to the frame rail on every side...so i figured keep using it rather than design something that would in the end cost the customer more, for zero gain.

#8 ·
I get this question a lot. I honestly don't know, don't have one to try it on.

#9 ·
I'm not tryin to hate on this kind of truck or the guys that own them but, whats the point of lifting the truck 2ft??? Are there even trails to take these trucks on or just for mudd bogging and mall crawling/looking cool? Or are they lifted that high so they don't have to cut fenders and such. They do look cool though.

#11 ·
Did you even see the height ranges? It starts at 7" with crossover, which clears 35"s, 39"s pirate style. I don't call that mall crawler, though we cater to that crowd, as well as mud too up to 16.5"

Only a pbb noob would claim a 7" system with 4.5" h/s, 2.5" springs, and a rear shackle flip a mall crawler. Either you know better, or stop trying to impress the regulars with the flaming techniques from 2005

#16 ·
Looks good. Glad to see somebody is finally stepping up to the plate in this arena. I'll get the word out in my area. Lots of these trucks in my area with guys thinking about trading up to a SD for the SFA alone. This will give them something to think about. If you start getting more business out of the midwest you can thank me later. lol This will work for the F-250 light duty right? Cuz I know they're gonna ask....

#17 ·
#22 ·
Its no doubt more expensive than a Fabtech 6" IFS kit...but I feel like I hit my mark on the price point and target buyer of this kit.

When I did my swap in 2005, I spent $6750 to get it daily driveable ($800 in axles). I have spent even more since then fine tuning it.

If you factor even $1000 for the same superduty axles now, plus a base kit w/bilsteins (what I started with), and factor on the high side of $1000 for driveshafts, you are at $5684.59 done and ready to roll on 1-tons; saving you over $1000 from what I did it for by hand 5 years ago.

Now that was 14.5" of suspension. Compare that to a Whiplash or FullThrottle IFS death trap price wise, and I think we just hit a homerun for a well engineered system that performs great and drives safely without worries, for a reasonable price.

Now the Chevy system on the other hand, ended up 1.5x what I had aimed for...and that isnt even a conversion. I couldnt see why it was so expensive until I realized that it contained all of the same parts as this kit, minus the front hanger/shackle.

I am optimistic. We shall see. I am just tired of asking, "Do you plan to drive that on the road?"

OK, will this work for the Expeditions as well? I don't know much about them, except that my wife wants one and I won't buy one due to the IFS.
The front kit will work fine, as will the rear leaf springs and shackle flip. You will however have to make the rear front spring hangers (or rob some factory F150s), to convert the rear to leafs.

#21 ·
OK, will this work for the Expeditions as well? I don't know much about them, except that my wife wants one and I won't buy one due to the IFS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.