Pirate 4x4 banner

v8 in a ranger q's

902 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  OrangeBronc79 
#1 ·
hi, my roomate is throwin a 302 into his 87 ranger and i can find tons of info on the motor swap but no info on junkyard trannys and transfer cases.

he has a 4spd out of a 80s f150 but the transfer case is to big, i belive its a 208 maybe? so my question is what are you guys running, without buying expensive adapters.

#2 · (Edited)
i just put a 94 efi 5.0 my 1990 ranger wiring and all 5 speed tranny and BW t case easy swap. im running 36s with 4:56 gears and i can light them tires up like nothing he'll have a lot of fun when its done. but alot of older ranger people just throw a 302 with a 4bbl carb and a c4 or 6 so many ways 289 302 351 460 .

#6 ·
Don't know where you are located, but you shouldn't have trouble finding a 205 case. Make sure you don't pick up a chevy unit as that is a P/S drop case. Start on craigslist and go from there.

I am actually just starting on a ranger build.... i am going to try the 203/205 doubler in mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.