Pirate 4x4 banner

Dsl Build

788 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  moonshiner68 
#1 ·
Long story short, recently learned to read so I've been lookin over pirate a lot more for build ideas for my rig, not 100 % sure on the direction its goin to take, but its gettin a flatbed in a few months after I get back from training an the gov. Pays me, so I am sourcin parts now an askin questions.
I want to put in a larger main fuel tank in an have seen a few fellers put in the 33gal bronco tanks in my rig, however there's also a 45gal tank similar to the bronco tank. I want to drop the stock tanks an bring the new one closer to the cab an mount it across the frame rails under the flatbed which will be at least 3in above the stock bed height. Anyone have experience with fabbin up a 30+gal fuel tank with a racing sump an a workin fuel sending unit? Or would the smart course of action be to work with the bronco tank? I'm plannnin on feedin the main tank from the 105 gal aux Lshaped tank I already use for refuelin while workin on the ranch.

#5 ·
A well baffled tank with a sump is probably going to be your most reliable bet, but you can run a top feed tank with a sump and have the best of both worlds. Just stick your picup tube in the sump. Check out Summit Racing.com for all sorts of fuel tank/ fuel cell stuff, as well as Bronco Graveyard.com for everything they have. You WILL shit your britches when you see the litterally thousands of parts they have. Also, LMC Truck is great for factory type parts.

#6 ·
Minus LMC im addicted to both of those places!
Just found a buddies copy of Petersons 4wheeler an they have a build on a SuperDuty rig with a really sweet fabbed bed, so Ill have to study it an figure out where my new tool chest an tank will go with that bed fab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.