Pirate 4x4 banner

89 Dually axle to single?

20K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  customcreationsllc 
#1 ·
iv got my hands on a set of dually axles, KP D60,10.25?maybe?.. is it possible to convert these to single wheel? i heard rears are just "unbolt"?.. front?(heard leave them alone and just H1 wheels?) any help would be cool guys thanks mike

#2 · (Edited)
yeah, the rear is just unbolt, and the front should be as well IIRC, depending on year, but but if not it may have different brakes and a longer hub. I've never even thought about running H1 wheels with dually axles... It would be about the same as having a wheel with like 3- 4" backspacking or so I'd imagine. The H1 wheels are 7" and then the dually extension is what? Maybe 3-4" as well. Like I said though, pretty sure its just an adapter bolted on in place of a wheel.

#3 · (Edited)
Rear is just unbolt? WTF are you smoking?
If it's a pickup dually, the axle is a good bit wider than a SRW one, if it's a cab and chassis, it's around 1-2" narrower.
The front, it should be a dually hub on there, I have yet to see a bolted on spacer on a Ford older than a Super Duty. Swap the hubs for a set from a F250 D50 TTB(read cheap) and you're laughing.

#4 ·
SAY WHAT?!?!? I had a drw out of a 90 maybe, and it was the same width as the 96 f-250 SRW it went into, Had a broken R&P in the 96, went with a higher gear'd dually axle. Everything was the same on that one. IDK, I work on so much shit I may be mistaken.

#5 ·
^ you are mistaken.

if the '90 was a cab and chassis then it could be. i thought they were the same as the pickup SRW. but the pickup dually's are wider. now, the sterlings are a narrow axle in general. you might have swapped one and just thought the new one looked right cause the tires lined up correctly for once.

#6 ·
you might have swapped one and just thought the new one looked right cause the tires lined up correctly for once.
LOL, maybe. Either that or I was in such a hurry to get it done and beat time that I didn't pay much attention, lol.

#7 ·
I checked out 2 early 90s F series trucks in the junk yard, one dually pick-up, the other an F250. The dually had 3 or 4 more inches of axle tube on each side, so there is no way to narrow it with, or at, the hub.
Travis..

#8 ·
I don't know about the rears but the front is just has a different Hub which can be converted to a single rear wheel with a little work read the D60 bible.
Or buy a new hub.

Here are some pictures of when I converted a ford D60 dually hup to single.
The bolt pattern has to be drilled out to accpet studs and you need SRW hubs the dually studs don't work the splined area is in a different location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.