Pirate 4x4 banner

Sterling 10.5 companion flange

11K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  HokieYJ 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a companion flange, (or pinion flange, whatever the technical name is) for a Sterling 10.5 from an '03 SuperDuty. I need something that will accept a 1350 flange yoke. Anyone have a part# (Spicer, etc...), or know of a good source for one? Thanks.

#2 ·
What you need is the pinion flange from an Excursion, the pick up's did not use the flange. Ford should easily be able to order it based on the vehicle, but sometimes the parts people need a vin #.

#3 ·
Thanks, I didn't realize only the Excursions had the flanges. I'll stop by the local Ford dealer after work tomorrow and see what I can find.

#6 ·
i have to edit my statment, 03-up for sure , any thing with a 6.0 has the 4 bolt flange, they were 1410 u-joints in the rear, if it has a double cardan it is a 1350 series but the flange is the same, just go to the wrecker and find a take out rear shaft, then you get the companion flanges and 1410 stuff...

#8 ·
I found one today, and best of all I got it for free! I called a buddy at the local Offroad/Diesel shop I deal with all the time. Just so happens they had a 10.5 with a trashed carrier and housing in their scrap pile. :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.