Pirate 4x4 banner

EFi 460 power steering pump upgrades..

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  oldsrocket 
#1 ·
I'm going to full hydro on my rig, and even with a 2x8 ram, and 4.2CI metering unit, I'm pretty sure the stock pump won't cut it. The obvious choice would be a saginaw pump and bracket.. but 460 efi vans are pretty tough to come by. So I'm thinking of trying to make either a saginaw pump or KRC pump fit the stock aluminum bracket.. Anyone tried it? yay? nay? Any other pumps?

#2 ·
Napa makes one I have been using for years....look it up for your truck, or for a 79 F150. I believe they call it the heavy duty option and they are around 115.00 bucks. Basically its a saginaw pump, with the shaft machined down to work with the Ford pulleys and it has a cast bracket that bolts into existing holes on your bracket. On my 88 I had to clearance the bracket at the top a shade. I can get pics if you need um.

#3 ·
What he said. I'm running the same thing and it kicks ass. A1 Cardone also makes one. The shaft is longer than a Chevy pump also, this is so the pulley clears the adapter bracket bolted to the front. I can't remember the part number right now, but any parts counter person who knows his shit should be able to find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.