Pirate 4x4 banner

1995 F350 troubles, help please(zf 5)

897 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redpitbull44 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I dont like to ask for help, but my truck is wounded and im kinda clueless as to how to fix it. my truck is a 1995 F350 7.5l that was originally an automatic, and a friend swapped in a ZF 5spd before i bought the truck. My problem is tha the flange on the bottom of the extension housing where the tranny mount bolts is broke! One ear is broken almost completely off, and the other has the bolt broke off in it!! Can i remove the extension housing without removing the entire transmission?? just trying to leave as much of it together as i can. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Also, and completely unrelated, can i use a Sky shackle flip to do away with a lift block? my truck has the factory block in back, with a 4" block ontop of it, and stock springs. i am fine with having a block, but not really a fan of having 2...
Thanks
Daniel

#2 · (Edited)
That section should be able to come off, but I couldn't really look at either of mine cuz its raining. A buddy had the same issue, and had a guy TIG his back on while still in the truck, and it held fine. If you don't have a better answer by tomorrow, I'll look at mine and let you know ( have both the 351 and 460)
As far as the Sky kit, I have talked extensively with those guys, and the answer is yes. I was planning on running a 4" lift spring with their kit to get rid of the factory block, and have 4" of lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.