Pirate 4x4 banner

96 5.0 to np 435

718 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  400Bronco 
#1 ·
Thinking about puting a 96 explorer 5.0 in front of a np 435 in a bronco II but I'm thinking that it will go into limp mode with no tranny plugs connected. I have done some seaching with no soild answers. maybe some one has done this swap on an EB bronco and has some answers. Thanks for the help

#2 ·
Does it need to pass smog? If not then it doesnt really matter. All it should do is throw the idiot light. Shouldnt effect anything. The NP435 does have a neutral safey switch plug on the top cover which would help. I used the A9L computer from the mustand when I did my swap. Supposed to be the best to run on the swaps

#6 ·
Thanks for the help I figured it would still run with some codes any one have good luck with a place that re-flashes and know of the best deal.... should I try to have the stock exspoler ecm reflashed or find a mustang one. another thought would be a 96 f-150 with a stick ecm but from what I have read that would be a down grade in ecm's. thanks again for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.