Pirate 4x4 banner

Locked keys in a F-650

14K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  redneckguy77 
#1 ·
Messed up and locked the keys in company 2008 F-650. Anyone know if a slim jim will work, or are these designed to be be slim jim proof.:confused:

#4 ·
I've locked the keys in my works F550 more times than I can count. Pry the corner (a pillar corner, top of the windshield) of the door away from the cab just enough to get something in the crack. If it has power door locks, shove a coat hanger through the gap and hit the button. If it doesn't, I've used a small piece of round or square stock with a notch cut in the bottom of it. Use this to push on the door handle and it should pop open. I use wood wedges to hold the door away from the cab as to not scratch the paint. Hope this helps.

#5 ·
Be VERY VERY careful doing this. Its alot easier than you think to spring the door to the point that it won't seal correctly anymore. The SD doors are better than something like a Contour, but if you're doing this open it just barely enough for a coat hanger or a piece of spring steel. A slim jim or a wonder tool should be able to get in there. I only spread a door as a last resort.

#8 ·
Not wanting to wedge the door if possible. Cab is still tight=have to crack a window when closing the doors or you get yer eardrums pushed in.:p
Appears I can use a slim jim between the window and rubber wiper to unlock this beast then?
I have slim jimmed various cars and trucks before-just nothing this modern or big. Just need to get it done before work starts Monday.:eek:

#14 ·
Are the new ones like the older ones where you can just shove the end of the antenna in the hole of the door handle and unlock it?

#24 ·
Just got home from work. Good news. Got there early, brought a slim jim from home I got at a parts house many moons ago. Nothing but a flat piece of metal strip about 24" long with a cutout on one end for hooking the lock linkage inside the door from the outside. Took me under 30 seconds to pop the lock and retrieve the keys and put them back up on the keyboard with all the other truck keys. Kinda amazed it is that easy to get into a 2008 F-650, but not complaining either.:grinpimp:

So Red, no didn't get fired, but I was sweating an ass chewing on a Monday in front of the crew the whole time. Thanks for everyone's comments and advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.