Pirate 4x4 banner

just a idea

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  5BrothersFabrication 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a 2000 6 speed powerstroke i was thinking about putting a jeepster body on, but after playing with paint. i came up with this idea, i want toppless. but whant something a little bigger than a jeep. so i was thinking about taking my truck that i already bobbed the rear and cut the roof and back out of the cab. so cut and redo and raise the bed floor and install rubber body mounts and weld whats left of the bedsides to the cab. a shortended convertable excursion. not building a crawler, just a family trail rig.

what do you think, it wont look like this truck. i just used this pic for paint.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I'm tired of seeing the same old shit. Ranger with bigger axles, frickin fullsize with bigger axles, lockers front and rear, dual winches, 4 links, coilovers, slinky springs, bob this, triangulate that. Here's what I say. If you have the fab skills to do it, then get your tomahawk out and get to work. Maybe something different for a change. Hell, I've considered doing this WITH an Excursion, just to be "different". If you do, please do a build thread, because some of these builds are the same as everybody else with a twist, and some are flat fucking sweet, and I'm hoping this falls into the latter.
I'm not knockin' those of you doing proven shit, because I fall into that catagory as well, I mean hell, I run leaf springs on my rigs cuz I don't need anything more, and they are easy. But there again, thats why I don't do build threads, because its all been seen before. I just wish to hell somebody would be a lil more ingenious. I don't know, maybe the way alot of people fab shit just seems common sense obvious to me since I've BTDT too many times, maybe fuck yourself, maybe I'm an asshole, who knows.
Fuck it, I'm going to bed. I'll probably delete this post in the morning anyways.
Build the 4 door 6 speed chop top modern day full size bronco of your dreams, I wanna see it.

#7 ·
well i finaly found a good deal on a front 60 so im picking it up friday. now i just need a divorced ford 205. think im going to cutout the wheel openings pretty high and building some tube flares. got an idea in my head but kinda hard to lay it down on paper. just have to get some tube and flat plate and see where it takes me.

#14 ·
well right now it has a 2 peice rear shaft. the front one is about 2 feet long. if i delete it my rear shaft should be about the same. if i find a good deal on a factory tcase and input shaft i might just do a married one. i would really like to figure out how to marry a 205 to my 6 speed.

#15 ·
IDK about 2wd trannys, but there was a thread earlier that said something about all ford t-case to tranny patterns being the same through the years. I've never tried it, but do a search, it was pretty recent IIRC.

#17 ·
I have a 1990 BW1356 with 80,000 miles on it that is behind a smallblock bellhousing ZF S5-42 that should work.

#18 ·
Well I did get somewhere its a shorted but the axle is all the way as far back as I could go. It's got 40" toys on 20x12,s. All stock leaves with 4 inch hanger and 1.5 add a leaf for he front and a shackle reversal and 2" block on back.
And the bushwhacker cutouts leave plenty of room for the 40,s. No it's getting a six position tuner, some shorty stacks, injectors and maybe bigger turbo. But the trucks getting painted all satin black with a 05 grille and bumper and a 08 rear bumper. Not what I planned but much easier and still a little different.

#19 ·
I think it looks pretty cool. I've always been a fan of the single cab Superduty trucks. Do you have a good side shot with the flares on it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.