Pirate 4x4 banner

What front leafs for 8" on 93F150 SAS?

708 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Fordtrucks 
#1 ·
gunna go for the 1 ton swap on the Big Block 93F150 4x4. Decided im going to box the front crumple zone and just run leafs for ease of things instead of coils and links. Lookin for 8 inches or slightly more. Does anyone know where to buy a set this big? I dont want big low hangin mounts or anything like that so theyll need a bit of an arch to em. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Need more info. How much do you care about the ride? If you run the shackle in the back, then you have to have a low hanger. I got 9" on my bronco with stock height springs. I don't think my hangers are too low. Shackle in front is a different story, and ride like poo.

#3 ·
Im going to run the shackel in the front of the leaf. Reason being is i need the axle to move forward when compressed so i can run ladder bars in the front. The rear will be a conventional setup with a shackel flip and new springs also with lader bars. Ill be over 700HP so i want stability.

Last time i had about 6 inches using rear chevy 52s (stock) and was un happy with the results. That time i ran a rear shackel and the front and rear hangers were to low for my taste. Ride isnt so importaint. I need more arch than them 52s i tried last.

#5 ·
4" springs, you'll get the 8 by the time you do your hangers a reasonable size

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.