Pirate 4x4 banner

Project "Ole' Blackie"

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  89redranger 
#1 ·
So I picked up an 84 Ranger from a buddy around town. I bought the truck knowing it was going to turn into a build project even tho it was "Trail Ready". I dont know how much lift it currently has but in the deal I got the Ranger with a 4banger and 5speed, HP44 front and 9" rear (both welded with 4.88 gearing), new 36" TSL's and it has absolutley no flex to it at all. I have no pictures of the truck as it sits but I will have some up soon. My plans are Redo the rear of the truck, Shocks, freshen up rear end, new shackles and then a 4link later on, Then Sleeve the front radius arms with 1.5" 1/4 wall tubing and ballistic joints and some HD Ballistic frame mounts, Over the knuckle steering with heims, new track bar ( to put the axle in its correct position) freshen up the D44, EXO cage and winch.

So far we have worked on the rear end...
Before:

After:

I'll post more pics of it a little later this week.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for all the info I think im going to try and do the swap this weekend because we are currently waiting on the ballistic stuff to arrive to do anything to the front of the rig. Once I get my suspension lined out Im gonna double the Tcase and beadlock the wheels, BrayD I may have a question or two about that 1350/1354 doubler. Just a heads up you may see a PM from me one day lol.

#15 · (Edited)
Well like I said I've never setup a link on an off roader. I typically do adjustable suspension setups with airride and this 4link combination is what I always go with on a tri-bar install and it does really well, but the more I look into it im not so sure its gonna work out the same for me on this ride. everything seems to be working fine but I'm not so sure about its attitude on the trail...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.