Pirate 4x4 banner

no 4x4 engaging 91 f150

815 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wanderer-RRORC 
#1 ·
hi guys im new on here and from australia .I have just briught a 1991 f150 4x4 about 5 weeeks ago , went out 4wheelin over the week end and something is wrong. i locked both front hubs in , got back in the truck put the transfere stick into low 4 , light on dash came on , then of i went to start moving and the front wheels would not turn, the transfere was in low range as i could tell the difference between the 2 , so i tried 4 high still no go. Then my mate i was with heard the front left hub clicking pretty loud i also heard it from inside the cab , no noise from the drivers side but also no turning . Question is , is it my hubs as still has orignal ones also could it be any thing to do with the transfere case or anything else . I pretty mechanical minded so would be able to fix myself just dont know where to start any help would be great cheers
this has injected 351 windsor , 5 spd manual and goes hard in 2wheel drive no probs

#2 ·
if the hub is clicking its more than likely broken...there are alot of aftermarket hubs available thru Warn,superwinch and also even ford..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.