Pirate 4x4 banner

Tow hooks installation?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  OregonMudder 
#1 ·
Where and how should i mount tow hooks on my 94 f150? They should go on the frame near where it ends correct? And i have to cut out the bumper im pretty sure. What is the exact process of doing this? (I can't visualize things in my head at all :mad3:)

Im confused when it comes to drilling in the frame, and installing the bolts. Do i just drill holes in the frame large enough for the bolts, then install the bolts through the frame and the tow hook, and then put a nut on the end?

Thanks for putting up with a major noob :flipoff2:

#2 ·
DO you have the tow hooks? If so, go outside, lay under the front of your truck with tow hooks in hand, and figure it out. the hook goes forward, and there should be a tab that hangs down to mount the hook. Believe it or not, Chevy tow hooks mounted right up on my 94 F-150, and I still have a set floating around somewhere.
You need to start searching on this stuff, or people are not going to be very nice to you. Searching is very simple, and I bet if you typed Tow Hook Installation in the search menu, you would reap all kinds of info.

#4 ·
Could i put the hooks through the two bolts that hook the bumper to the frame? there's a plate that is welded to the frame, which is used to bolt the bumper to the frame. Would that be strong enough to just put the hook through the two bolts? Seems really simple and effective.

#9 ·
mine are 3/4" plate with 1" holes that come through the bumper for clevis's, 3 1/2" bolts hold them in place. this is a pic of them i'll post better ones tomorrow.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.