Pirate 4x4 banner

need help finding TTB parts for 97 psd

970 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  D60 
#1 ·
I need the right side beam of the TTB set up for my 97 psd the lower ball joint has made a mess of the one I have and I can't seem to source a new one any one got any idea's?
or do I need to weld it up and go with life ?

#3 ·
There are a few online used part finders, just go to google and type in used car part. My buddy and I actually bought a driver beam for his '97 250 PSD 4x4 after he hit a major pothole, found it pulled for use for $40 a few miles away. Even the pick-and-pulls around me have them, saw 2 or 3 sets today.

#7 ·
well guy's thanks I found the chunk of steel I needed only to find out that my pas side "shaft will not come apart and I can't find new stuff to replace it with I am starting to wonder about the 60 swap but I'm almost in to deep now to start over.Its not a trail rig its my tow rig for the trail rig and ford's are not my thing so I ask for leniency before the ford gods I have a chicken on stand by sacrifice if needed . any ideas wear to find the shaft ????

#11 ·
There are rows and rows of D50 trucks in the yards around here. Of course you don't need to be looking for a PSD. Any motor or cab configuration will work, just make sure it's actually the 50 and not the 44HD. If the shafts are in place then it's stupid easy to look for c-clips to tell the difference. Smooth caps w small clip on the backside is of course 44. If it looks like a driveshaft u-joint w full circle clip on outside it's a 50.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.