Pirate 4x4 banner

Shallowest 302 0il Pan

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  onebadcj 
#1 ·
I have a 91 F-150 302 motor in my trail rig. The oil pan hangs down lower than I like & keeps getting smacked to the point of failure. Does anyone know of a shorter pan. I was thinking possibly mustang double hump or explorer. I am not opposed to aftermarket but do not want dry sump. Only needs to be about 2" shallower. ( then I could build a flat skid) Any one that has messed with this, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Its no fun putting a hole in your pan at a 3:00 Am on a night ride!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think a fox body mustang pan is gonna be about the best you could do.

Attachments

#8 ·
pan clearance specs 302

Got a 91 mustang fox body factory oil pan with the pickup tube. The Truck pan was about 9.5 inches from the flange and the Mustang was around 7 3/4 inch with the drain plug taking it to about 8 inches. The pan gasket was the same for the mustang pan & the truck pan. I had to swap the pickup due to depth and cut about 3/4 inch off the factory dipstick ( bottom of new pan clearance) . I then put 5.5 quarts of oil in and ziz wheeled a mark on the dipstick in the new location. Not very high tech but was done in under 1.5 hours. Now I will have room to run a flush belly pan to protect the oil pan!!!!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.