Pirate 4x4 banner

Radius arm and Axle questions

853 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Keyul 
#1 · (Edited)
Subject vehicle is an 82 f150 4x4, 300 six, shortbed, 4 speed NP435 & NP208 Tcase, factory dual front shock setup.

Basically I am sick of this TTB front end and want to get rid of it quick! I was browsing on craigslist and came across a Dana 60 front end from a 78 F350 that has been converted to run with the coils and radius arm setup, however, it is for a 79 and older F150.

My main question is, are the 79 and older F150s radius arms different from the 80 and ups? I believe that they are longer but I just want to double check.

Could I use the 79's radius arm brackets on the 82?

Would I have to use the 79's coil buckets or could I use my current ones? (keep in mind my 82 has the dual shock setup)

Can I use my current steering box so long as I get the trac bar, etc from the 79?

Thanks in advance, Just trying to get some basic info for now!

Keyul

See less See more
#3 ·
If the 60 is set up to run in a 79 f150 then you would have to run 79 coils, coil buckets and arms. The radius arm brackets are also different and you will have to make an upper track bar bracket.

The dual shocks will not matter because you will be removing the upper coil buckets and 79s have seperate shock mounts (most people run later f350 shock mounts because they are not the stud style)

I have coil buckets, stock shock mounts (4 of them for dual shocks), radius arms, and radius arm brackets all from a 79 bronco. If you are interested send me a PM.

#4 ·
Buy it, Buy it NOW, BUY IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!! IT WILL WORK DANDY, now FUCKING BUY IIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

seriously tho, buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.